Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Project DA- To buy or not to buy (56K? 20 pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project DA- To buy or not to buy (56K? 20 pics)

hey guys whats up,

I have been looking around for a DA for some time now,
I have found a
1991 Integra SE-LS,

Well I emailed the guy for questions and pictures and here is what I got

Please Read All

1991 Acura Integra
Black LS hatchback model

Has special edition emblem on hatch, but I've been informed the specials from 91 were a different color (although it does have the alloy wheels of a special). As far as I know im the 3rd owner. The car still has good pickup and handling but it has its share of problems. It has no aftermarket parts, this is a stock Integra. At this time it is not what I would think of as a dependable/nice daily driver. I am basically looking to sell to someone who is going to look at it like a work in progress. I was working on getting it back in shape when my other car started smoking. I didn't really need two projects at the same time so I decided to sell this and get another daily driver. Here are a list of the things I know of that are wrong with the car -

cylinder #2 has low compression (~90) and has oil leaking into it.

Hood and roof have clear coat failure and there are a couple rust spots but no holes.

Rear calipers need replacing and 1 rotor needs turned/replaced. This is the reason the parking brake covering is currently off. I had the car sitting on an incline for about 2 months time and when i released it the caliper would not disengage. Big-O released the caliper and told me that the car could be used without replacing the rear calipers, but the parking brake would not be able to be used. This car will roll on an incline without the parking brake so plan on fixing it.

The rear defrost is not working. I let someone I shouldn't have take off the tint which was bubbling up and the rear defrost lines were damaged. I'm not sure if its repairable or not.

The drivers window does not sit flush most of the time. A rock was thrown through it and it was replaced but doesn't sit as well as the original. The rock also caused scraping to the panel underneath the glove compartment (not real noticeable from seated position) and busted the speaker housing in the passenger door.

The stock tape player was replaced with a aiwa cd player which in turn blew the stock speakers . I replaced the rears with some Pioneer speakers but the fronts are still stock and torn. The cd player has a problem where it stops playing about 1/2 hour into cds, I’m not sure what's up with that.

The front passenger side turning light cover is cracked. I had a fender bender which busted the head light (which I replaced) just haven't gotten around to replacing the turn signal cover.

The clutch was replaced already around 130k mile mark.

That's about all the bad stuff I can think of. Integra's are really fun cars to drive. If you are not interested in a project car like this one I hope that you find one you can enjoy.

And here are pics of the 91

Ok, the paint isnt a problem, I got an I we you a paintjob from my
parents

Ok anyway, Do you guys think its even worth the
$900 he is asking, I think I could get it for $600 tho cash

if I buy this you guys think I can get it ready before
Augest 6th? bor the BG Meeet

I need someone to carfax this vin for me please

VIN: JH4DA939XMS046165

Thanks, Later

EDIT: I found another 91 integra thats in perfect running condition
for $1200 black, 5 spd, A/C Heat Power everything
Old 06-29-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Project DA- To buy or not to buy (87Integra)

if i were you i wouldnt get since your going to have to fix alotta stuff and if you do get it, get it for $600.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Project DA- To buy or not to buy (cool gsr huh)

I'd go for that perfect condition running one, or this one and plan on a swap. Either way it's not that bad of a deal, even if you consider it a shell. The only things that intimidate me is the window still doesn't sit right, and the electrical problems with the CD Player. I've had the worst luck w/ electrical stuff, so that intimidates me. A lot. Either way, good luck!
Old 06-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Project DA- To buy or not to buy (RidinStock)

ok thanks guys

I'll email the guy about the other one tonight

he syas 1st1,475 takes it
hope he is willing to go lower

Thanks, Later