Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Please help!!!!!! Water in spark plug hole.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Please help!!!!!! Water in spark plug hole.

what should i do? Run car n let tha heat evaporate the water?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help!!!!!! Water in spark plug hole.

wet/dry shop vac

or

shove some paper towels down there and soak it up
Old 05-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 210southstar
what should i do? Run car n let tha heat evaporate the water?
this will just **** your ignition system up, and your going to need new spark plug wires and you run the chance of shorting something out.

Think about it.... Water and Electricity.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Guessin i shouldnt take tha plugs out? its not much water but it was runnin like it had a miss because of it.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok ill try to soak it up with the towels harder. hard to get around the plugs.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 PM

Try to get as much water out by using paper towel and a skinny metal stick. Use the metal stick to move the towel around. Then after that use a air compressor with a air chuck to blow all the left over water out, unit is dry! The end your done.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have this problem when I degrease and pressure wash the engine bay, until I started shoving rags wrapped with walmart bags down in the plug holes.

To get the water out, use a rag and a screw driver to soak it up. Don't use paper towels unless you want to try getting wads of wet, clumped paper towels out of the plug tube (been there, dont that, it sucks.)

I also like to keep a can of electronics duster (air in a can) for this reason. If you don't have access to a compressor (mine is at my shop, but I always end up working in house's garage) it's perfect for that problem.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:29 AM

Great advice guys. I would also add not to remove the spark plug, because you don't want water to get into the cylinder
Old 05-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by axtran
Great advice guys. I would also add not to remove the spark plug, because you don't want water to get into the cylinder
My dumbass friend did just that.. plug tubes filled with water, and what the does idiot do? He pulls the spark plugs, sending ounces of water into his cylinders.

We shot carb cleaner in there, cranked the car over to spray it out, shot more carb cleaner, cranked it again, followed that about 4 more times, popped new plugs in for goos measure and his car's been fine since.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Trial User

DO NOT take your spark plugs out. First, use a rag and a long screw driver to remove as much water as you can(don't damage the spark plug with the screw driver.). Then, get an air compressor, hold a tube up against the nozzle of the compressor so it fits into the hole. Shoot the remaining water out like that. Do the same to the tips of the wires to make sure their not wet too. Once no more water is shooting out of the holes, take the spark plug on the far right side out and make sure the bottom of the plug isn't wet. Then, check the one on the far left. If the bottoms are dry, you have nothing to worry about, there's most likely no water in your block.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

compressed air and brakeclean
Old 09-23-2015, 01:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how did the water get in the combustion chamber in the first place? water in the cylinders might be the least of your problems if you have a blown head gasket. what I would do if I were you is run a cooling system pressure test, and see if the cooling system can hold pressure. If the cooling system cannot hold pressure, but you find an external leak, then that would be a good sign that the coolant isn't being force into the combustion chamber. But if the cooling system looses pressure during this test, and no external leaks are found, you may have a blown head gasket, which would be worst case scenario. if this is the case I would not recommend the "head gasket repair fluid" they try and sell at O'rielly's, as this stuff can foul/clog important components such as the idle air control valve. Another couple beneficial diagnostic procedures may be a compression test, and a cylinder leak down test. If two adjacent cylinders have low compression, blown head gasket. if during the cylinder leak down test you find bubbles coming from radiator cap, blow head gasket. good luck to you man! if you have to end up changing the head gasket I would recommend doing ARP head studs as well as a felpro gasket kit, to keep this problem from re-occurring. And while the head is off, what the heck, might as well take it down to the machine shop and have them deck it. Raise your compression a bit, and have a nice perfectly true head to re-install. Hope this helped, good luck to ya!
Old 09-23-2015, 03:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

^you're bumping an old *** thread and you didn't even get the summery correct it was in the plug well not the combustion chamber....good one smh.