Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

OmniPower suspension on a dc2. Your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OmniPower suspension on a dc2. Your opinion

I just ordered Omni suspension for my 00 integra LS. I got the sport set-up that is 12k front and 10k rear. Now I know the ride will be stiff but im looking for better 60 foot times at the track and better traction period. I just want to know opinions from anyone who has them on their integra. Thanks
Old 10-03-2007, 08:30 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: OmniPower suspension on a dc2. Your opinion (RudeLude83)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RudeLude83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just ordered Omni suspension for my 00 integra LS. I got the sport set-up that is 12k front and 10k rear. Now I know the ride will be stiff but im looking for better 60 foot times at the track and better traction period. I just want to know opinions from anyone who has them on their integra. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

well then wouldnt you want way stiffer rear springs? You can get a drag setup, you know.

12k is WAY too freaking stiff for most streets.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Re: OmniPower suspension on a dc2. Your opinion (B serious)

well the drag set-up is better but I do like to drive my car to some meets sometimes thats why I went with the sport set-up. I dont drive the car daily so it wont be too bad. I do know they are stiff, but its just a weekend warrior/track car you know. Do you use omni?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:42 AM

yea that dosent sound like the street set up to me 12k is way to stiff for the street man
Old 10-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RudeLude83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well the drag set-up is better but I do like to drive my car to some meets sometimes thats why I went with the sport set-up. I dont drive the car daily so it wont be too bad. I do know they are stiff, but its just a weekend warrior/track car you know. Do you use omni?</TD></TR></TABLE>

no. I used to use TEIN on my S13. I've seen a lot of pre-built setups. It's usually better if you've got some track experience and you can kinda visualize what you're going for before you do it.

I think 12k is a little too stiff for most american tracks as well..unless you're running on world class tracks. Road america and autobahn club (i know its a private track) are the only 2 tracks i've run that have been very smooth. I remember going for a ride in a friend's car with a 12/10k setup at Gingerman raceway. I know there were bumps because I had my S2000 riiiiighhhtt at the point where it was going to oversteer...and I hit the series of bumps and the back end kicked out lol. I felt the front wheel hit the bump and I was able to reel the car back out before it got unruly, so it wasn't a big deal. My cars are usually set up somewhat forgiving. but his car was bouncing all over the place. The honda torsen LSD doesn't work if one wheel is hopping off the ground. So he would lose traction, gain traction lose traction gain traction...and the back end was oscillating and bouncing too. He had to slow down SOOO freaking much. He could have gone a lot faster if his setup was a tad softer.

Usually cheaper coilover setups dont have the greatest damping. My friend had D2s on his EK. Which are pretty much the same as the Omnis. I didn't like it and he HATED it. I remember telling him that the spring rates were too much as well. I had an EK back then with spring rates set at 450lb front and 350lb rear. It was conservative, but that thing freaking hauled ***. It was faster than his setup pretty much every place we went.

Your setup is stiff...but if you tune the dampers, and dont over lower it, you could probably still hang pretty. Just set the dampers from kill to stun...and make sure it's not too low. That way it will soak up the bumps instead of putting the car in the air.

AND GET AN ALIGNMENT. Just setting the toe to factory should be sufficient.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: OmniPower suspension on a dc2. Your opinion (B serious)

Thanks for the advice and input