Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

New Clutch Installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2001, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Clutch Installed!!!

Well my stock clutch broke. I mean it literally boke. I broke the pressure in 4 peices. The guys at area 51 were very supprised, they said this doesnt happen much. Well i decided to go with the ACT Xtreme pressure plate and street disc and i just finally broke it in and god dam, it's the bestest thing ever. Not too graby like the 6puc but when it bits it bits hard. Pedel pressure at first felt kinda hard but after a week to me it feels like my stock clutch. Engagement feels allmost the same as my gsr clutch. The only diffrence is that when it starts to grab it grabs quicker and doesnt allow as much slipage. Definitly
Old 09-22-2001, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Clutch Installed!!! (SystemGSR)

HOw much did the new act set up cost? What was the labor charge at Area 51? Im also looking to change my clutch just debating between act,clutchmasters,exedy.
Old 09-22-2001, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New Clutch Installed!!! (G S R)

Well it was kinda expensive compared to dynamics and the Vtec automotive place right next to it. It cost me $1475 for the clutch kit, resurface flywheel, sway bar install, tein install, alignment. (clutch kit = $450) i provided everything but the clutch. Area 51 charges kinda high for labor ($90/hr) but i think it was worth it. I've heard alot of bad **** about most shops but havnt heard anything bad about this one yet. They are cool guys also. Anyway if you happen to show up their tell them shaun sent you (the guy with black integra, if they dont recall) that way hopfully i can get some hookup's their
Old 09-22-2001, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Formerly of SF moved to DFW and now back in SF, CA, USA
Default Re: New Clutch Installed!!! (SystemGSR)

I have the same thing and I love it. I paid $360 cash at Mach3 in SF for the HD PP and street/strip clutch (the one with 6 springs and not 4 like the stock ones). My friend helped me install it. Cost me $20 labor (the cost of lunch and drinks! hehe!)