Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

N/A build advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 04:38 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N/A build advice

Hey everyone, I'm an old member and somehow got locked out of my account.. Maybe because I haven't used it in 5 years, I dunno.

Anyway, I've been bitten by the Honda bug again and I thinking about trying to build up a N/A car for street, autocross, and track days. I'm wanting to stick with N/A simply for the ease and reliability. I don't need to make big power numbers but if possible would like to get over the 200 WHP mark. I was looking into the Spoon built B engines as they are designed for track and so forth but it's a big price tag, I feel like I could build something for much less. Has anyone built a car with autocross/road racing in mind? What, if you don't mind me asking did you do engine wise? What would be a good source for such parts? Also need suspension components as well that would work for the intent.

Thank you guys for any tips or advice.

Edit: Guess I should mention that I'll be looking at 94-99 Integra's or possibly an s2000.

P.S I have googled for this and all I come up with are body kits and turbos..
Old 04-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: N/A build advice

The first thing I would suggest is deciding on what car you will build off, an s2000 or an integra as they are totally different platforms and you can go in completely different directions. Also, what is your initial budget? it might be a better investment to buy a civic or integra that is already setup with a B18c or even better a k20 swap and susp mods seeing as you have very little knowledge and experience in building a weekend car. Good luck with whatever u decide.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by ontariorider
The first thing I would suggest is deciding on what car you will build off, an s2000 or an integra as they are totally different platforms and you can go in completely different directions. Also, what is your initial budget? it might be a better investment to buy a civic or integra that is already setup with a B18c or even better a k20 swap and susp mods seeing as you have very little knowledge and experience in building a weekend car. Good luck with whatever u decide.
more than likely an integra, which is why I commented in this area of the forum. I'm actually quite knowledgeable about cars just haven't built a racer yet and I'm not up with where things are in the Honda game these days.

Didnt know if anyone may have some starting points.

edit: budget most likely between $10-15k.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

B-Series Build I would looks to the dyno, see what you like, and then look at the setup detail.

K-Series Build K-series will net you more power and way more torque. But if you going to do k swap, you need to look into engine and transmission mount.