Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Integra Rally Car Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 10:15 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra Rally Car Project

So, this is my first post, and I am new to the forum ( not new to forums in general ). I wanted to join this forum because I find it is best to consult with those who know best on project cars, and you guys know best.

So here is the background on my project:

I am a college student from western Michigan (where nothing ever happens) and am getting bored with "collegy" stuff. So I have decided to build a rally car to use on any of the thousands of miles of ORV trails, and amateur rally races in Michigan.

I have a budget of between 5-10K to build a car doing all my own wrench work. I should have no problem assembling the car, or fabricating any parts I may need. Where I run into problems is finding parts. Not only have I never built an Integra up, but I have never worked on a Honda before ( I have always been a Mitsubishi fanboy), but I feel the Integra is ideally suited to FWD rally racing.

In this thread I will post pics of my progress ( it will be slow at first ) and hopefully receive input from you guys about what you like, what you hate, and what I am screwing up.

This brings me to my first question: Will any B18B fit a 94-2001 integra? I am planning on buying the engine first, getting it hot tanked, having the crank balanced, porting and polishing the heads, resurfacing the cylinder walls and the head gasket surface. If I buy a 96 b18b out of an integra, as long as I get the ECU with it, will I have any problems putting it into a 94 LS, or did they not change the engines enough to cause a problem?

Probably a very noobish question, but I am new to inter-changeable engines, the 6G72 in a 3000gt is nothing like the one in an 00+ eclipse even though they have the same block. The honda engines seem the same, I just want to make sure that the harness, or output shaft didn't change between 94-01.

Thanks for reading this far, hopefully I can get some pics up soon so this thread won't be so boring.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Genetically Gay

Default Re: Integra Rally Car Project

that be a nice project.it was fun for me i used to rally my integra on the dirt road and i crack the front lip on a big bumps.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you can find rally springs or coilovers then proceed. Any b can fit in the teg '94-'01 but motor mounts must be purchsed, of fabbed. Avid and Hasport have every motor and car combo mounts.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:27 PM
New User

Originally Posted by S2Integra
If you can find rally springs or coilovers then proceed. Any b can fit in the teg '94-'01 but motor mounts must be purchsed, of fabbed. Avid and Hasport have every motor and car combo mounts.
Suspension is my biggest concern, very rarely do people try to raise their Integras, lol. I have seen Integra rally cars before so I know it can be done, but at what cost. I am sure I could find some adjustable coil-overs to fit the car, and give me maybe 2-3" of lift as well as good horizontal stability.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, dont hear this happening a lot.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You can put any motor in a integra with the right mount kit. d,b,k,and j series can be put in a teg. B series would be most pratical cause parts are cheap! Honda is the easiest car I ever worked on. They are simple and there are so many forums and tech posts on how to do what ever ya need. Cant wait to see pics!
Old 07-13-2009, 03:18 PM
New User

Progress is going to start when I can line up a car. There is one I am looking at right now, but I am not going to buy until I find one that is has a unibody as close to perfect as possible. If I could find one with a blown motor, or ripped out interior that would be best because I plan on throwing in a ~$1000-1500 JDM b18b1 engine, and ripping out the interior anyway.

I am probably going to pick up the engine in the next week or so and start rebuilding that first until I find the right shell.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Come crew for us at Snodrift 2010!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very interesting indeed i would love to see a rally integra!

You might be able to save a few hundred $$ by buying a B18B1 motor from Hmotorsonline.com i saw that they had them up for $699.00 last time i looked for a longblock, no tranny.

And just curious because i think non-vtec honda motors are awesome, why use the B18B1 platform for the rally setup? More low-end torque?

Edit: link to page for motor http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30026