Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Cluster lights, tail lights, parking lights went out...fuse problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 02:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cluster lights, tail lights, parking lights went out...fuse problem

A couple hours ago when I was out driving, I took a turn that had a bump in it. Immediately after, all my interior lights, my parking lights, and my tail lights (basically everything that turns on when the parkin light switch is flipped) stopped working. I assumed it to be a fuse problem and me and a buddy looked at it since he had a similar problem. We fixed it by pulling out the fuse for the stereo and replacing all the fuses that had gotten blown (we had to use the hi-beam fuses for this). I guess the wiring job I did on my CD Player wasn't too good . Now, my question is, why did this happen? I know it has to do with a grounded wire from my stereo, but I don't understand the relationship. Any help would be great. Until then, I think I'm gonna pull my deck out and replace all the fuses needed...
Old 06-27-2003, 06:12 AM
MikeTV

Default Re: Cluster lights, tail lights, parking lights went out...fuse problem (alfaaay)

Yeah just check to see what fuses are blown......If they all seem to be in good shape, that means you have a break in the main wire to the switch harness. They can get brittle over time, and I good bump/pothole can break them in two.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cluster lights, tail lights, parking lights went out...fuse problem (Eclipse spanker)

i had the same problem after installing different taillights,(no not altezzas) the dome, cluster, and taillights didnt work.....changed the fuse for the taillights and worked but now my doors dont lock on its own when i turn on the alarm, can anyone help me with this?
Old 06-27-2003, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Cluster lights, tail lights, parking lights went out...fuse problem (InTeGrA_bLazEd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by InTeGrA_bLazEd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i had the same problem after installing different taillights,(no not altezzas) the dome, cluster, and taillights didnt work.....changed the fuse for the taillights and worked but now my doors dont lock on its own when i turn on the alarm, can anyone help me with this? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm gonna fix my own problem by re-wiring my deck, or just pulling it out for now and getting a new one professionally installed. What'd I suggest you do is check all the wiring you did recently and possibly put back your stock tail lights.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Cluster lights, tail lights, parking lights went out...fuse problem (alfaaay)

bump for more input
Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cluster lights, tail lights, parking lights went out...fuse problem

bump , same problem with my dc. i replaced the fuse once and it was fine all day and went out later that night, i actualy got a 85 dollar ticket because they went out hah, but anyways, next night replaced it again and pulled out of my garage, hit a bump and bang, my taillights and interior lights are back out. i know its the fuse, but i replaced it twice, when the taillights go out and i check the fuse, its blown again. any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump.. same problem with my teg, hit a bump.. all instrumental lights and taillights went out.. i checked and replaced the fuse but it still does not work...
Old 03-29-2009, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

guess this is pretty common?
this happened to me a while ago, replaced fuses and my tail lights worked again, still havent been able to get my cluster to light up though. dont think its my stereo because i dont have one in my teg. 6 years later bump for how to fix this lol
Old 04-12-2009, 09:09 PM

i have the same dam problem for the past 2 months. can't figure it out. its a short somewhere between your instrumental, parking lights, or tail lights. good luck you might have to trail all those wires to find out where the short is.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM

yah i have heard of this being a problem i have the same one just keeps blowing the fuse i am working on it now i will post when i find the problem or if I find it. ha.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

... never had this problem, and i even do my own electrical installs (alarm, touchscreen double din, HID). Let us know what you find.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i no this thread is old.. but im having the same problem with my 92 civic vx.. the only lights that work are my headlights.. but my fuse isnt blown.. they just stoppped working
Old 11-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

There was a more recent post than this where someone was having a similar problem. Check a few pages back and you'll get lots of info.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanx.. i will do that
Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i had the same problem in my 93 si my friend and i pulled the radio redid all the connections reall good and everything has worked since, it seemed like a power wire was grounding out on the radio brackets