Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

HELP: Is there supposed to be a small hole in the Comptech Icebox?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 08:00 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Is there supposed to be a small hole in the Comptech Icebox?

Hey everybody. I just bought a used Comptech Icebox online. As I examined the pieces today, I noticed a small hole in the bottem half piece of the Icebox. The hole is located about 2 inches away from the end of the inlet hole that mates to the air inlet horn. It almost looks like a drain hole. Is that supposed to be there? Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Also, for extra credit.. the Ice Box I have does NOT have the word Comptech on it anywhere. There's no metal plaque(like on Comptech's site) and there's no embossed logo. Would you guys happen to know if that means this was one of the initial run Ice Boxes? Thanks again!

-94GSRNewbie
Old 07-09-2001, 08:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP: Is there supposed to be a small hole in the Comptech Icebox? (94GSRNewbie)

1. I don't remember seeing a hole at the bottom of the piece housing. I can check later on and will post again unless someone else beats me to it.
2. There is a "comptech sport" with a swoosh like whatever on the top housing, although not the metal piece seen on the comptech website.
3. Where did you buy yours?
4. Okay, I couldn't wait so I went to my garage and checked and yep, there is a hole at the bottom about where you stated.
Hope this helps.
I would like to see pics of your icebox since mine, the quality of the plastic is not quite OEM.
Old 07-09-2001, 08:33 PM
New User

Default Re: HELP: Is there supposed to be a small hole in the Comptech Icebox? (jl74)

Thanks for the quick reply! Glad to hear that you have the hole also. For a moment, I thought the guy I bought it from decided to make some modifications of his own!

You're right in saying that the plastic is not OEM. In fact the plastic on the Icebox I have is full of small holes. Like small pin holes that are all over the plastic. As far as I can tell, the holes don't seem TOO deep at all, so the Icebox should remain air tight.

The Icebox I got does NOT have the swoosh on the top housing. In fact, where it's supposed to be, there's just a flat area. Looks like if I could get my hands on the plaque, it would mount perfectly there. And FYI, I got my Icebox used off of eBay.

-94GSRNewbie
Old 07-09-2001, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP: Is there supposed to be a small hole in the Comptech Icebox? (94GSRNewbie)

What do you mean by small pinholes? Are you implying that it is the result of un-OEM like craftmanship or was there for design?
I hope your installation went well and I think I saw that Icebox on ebay. I am always on the hunt for any comptech parts that I get for a bargain on ebay.
Old 07-09-2001, 09:53 PM

Default Re: HELP: Is there supposed to be a small hole in the Comptech Icebox? (jl74)

It is normal, they are drain holes.
Old 07-10-2001, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the icebox on mine, there is a small drain hole on the bottom rear of the box, also mine has the logo moulded into the top.......

for those of you looking for slightly discounted comptech parts, we are a large distributor http://www.diabloautosports.com/defa...acturers_id=17