Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

HELP: HOW TO REMOVE CLIMATE CONTROL!?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: HOW TO REMOVE CLIMATE CONTROL!?!

I know this is a remedial thing for most of you, but I can't get the climate control to come off my 97 Integra. Is there a screw holding it in place or is it just all clips? The climate control or HVAC seems to be screwed onto the vent and bezel. Please help.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP: HOW TO REMOVE CLIMATE CONTROL!?! (bavarian06)

aside from the clips there are 2 screws located behind the flasher and rear defrost buttons in the middle of the climate control
Old 05-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: HELP: HOW TO REMOVE CLIMATE CONTROL!?! (dohcMONSTER)

Phew, good thing I didn't keep pulling with force. Now how do I get to those screws? Do the hazard light and defoster just snap off somehow? I tried yanking at it before. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have to use a thin flat head under the defroster and emergency lights.... but not under the switch look under the switch to were its attached to the plastic and youll see a lil groove there. just put the screw driver under that and pry gently and theyll pop out... then pull on em so the wires behind them extend a lil and unclip the wires and unscrew the two screws....

thats not all. get under your dash on your passenger side and theres a lil black line with a metal wire sticking out of it with a lil lloop. its attached to your heater control... so you have to unplug it from down there. its just one clip you open up so you can slide the line out and remove the lil loop from the control arm.
after that then you can pull it out.... then youll have to unplug two more plugs before you can take it fully out. just remmember the green plug has the release on the under side so use a screw driver to hit the release.

the climate control on a g3 integra is so far the most frustrating thing ive ever worked on the integra... and i think ive done every single thing there is to do on an integra... everything is so easy but that climate control is a bitch when you have to put it back in cause its hard to get the heater control wire( the one with the lil loop that attaches under the passenger side dash) to go back to how its supposed to be...... i still havent masterd it ....
Old 05-21-2006, 01:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (LordAphotic)

thanks for the step by step. i got the damn thing to come off today. but i dented my hazard/defroster bumpers from the flat head. and in the process, i cracked a part of the bezel. urgh, fragile stubborn small pieces of @#$.

it turns out the modual that regulates the selected fan speed is broken.

anyone want to sell me their climate control unti w/ bezel?
Old 05-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is the step by step http://www.team-integra.net/se...D=590