Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Helm's noted Brake bleed sequence

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helm's noted Brake bleed sequence

Sorry but I checked with the brake forum (no replys), I checked their FAQ's, and the brake bleed thread listed in the FAQ's here in the Integra forum, however everything I've read seem's to suggest a different sequence for bleeding brakes, so I figured I'd better stick to what the manual says, right??

What I need really, is second opinion regarding the bleed sequence mentioned in the OEM/Helms 94-97 Integra manual.

I have a 96 DC4

What I'm unsure of is, is the diagram below suggesting to bleed FR, RR, FL, RL? This cut-out is the only thing within the manual that mentions a bleed sequence and I've combed through this section of the manual and elsewhere but cant find a definitive answer.

(on a side note I have ABS)

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: Helm's noted Brake bleed sequence

Are you sure that's right? Those numbers are not legible at all in that scan, and they're only barely legible in my 94 Integra manual.

For 94-97 ABS systems, the correct sequence should be:

1. Right Rear
2. Left Front
3. Left Rear
4. Right Front

This is a criss-cross sequence and is required for the 3-channel ABS design used in 94-97 Integras. 98-01 Integras have a completely different 4-channel ABS system, and as such require a different bleeding order, which I'm not sure about myself.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Are you sure that's right? Those numbers are not legible at all in that scan, and they're only barely legible in my 94 Integra manual.
No I'm not sure and I more so doubted that it was FR,RR,FL,RL. Sorry about the legibility, I dont have a real paper copy of the manual, its mearly a PDF.

I was wondering if the 98+ bleed sequence would work, but since their different from the previous model system I guess that answers that question.

I've already tried the sequence that you mentioned, and the brakes work fine but i'm having a brake squealing issue with the front right caliper which I've already replaced the rotor + pads.

IDK, perhaps its just a matter a using a cheap Autozone rotor with cheap pads. I'm probably going to replace both front rotors and pad's with OEM replacements if my tax check ever gets here.

Thanks Patrick!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I've been using AutoZone rotors and pads for 8 years without a single problem. Do you always grease the caliper slide pins when replacing pads and rotors? You should, as the caliper could become stuck if the slide pins aren't lubricated properly. I grease the pins EVERY time I remove the caliper, and I've never had a problem with frozen or seized calipers in the 185K+ miles I've put on the car since I bought it.

Also, did you check to make sure the brake dust shield isn't rubbing against the rotor or any other part of the rotating assembly?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
I've been using AutoZone rotors and pads for 8 years without a single problem. Do you always grease the caliper slide pins when replacing pads and rotors? You should, as the caliper could become stuck if the slide pins aren't lubricated properly. I grease the pins EVERY time I remove the caliper.

Also, did you check to make sure the brake dust shield isn't rubbing against the rotor or any other part of the rotating assembly?
Yes, I've checked the slide pin's to see if there getting stuck too may times to count, but their fine and well greased.

The rotor was a Valucraft and so were the pad's. The last set of pad's I had were Duralast, which I didnt have any problems with once they were bedded in.

I've checked to make sure the guard isnt interfering too.

I need 4 new tire's as well. I have a adjustable camber kits for both front and rear, however when I first lowered my car I didnt have these in place which caused a good deal of tire wear in the inner side of my tire's causing alot of negative camber in my vehicle's stance.

I tried correcting this issue by making adjustments but the tires are too worn at this point, so I'm thinking the suspension geometry might be effecting the front brakes at this point.