Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

gs-r head on b18LS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gs-r head on b18LS?

would it be smart to put a gs-r head on a b18b1 LS? I hear you get really bad valve clearance if you do it. Positive feedback please.
Old 04-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its just like every other ls vtec.......no with "bad valve clearance"i dunno. personally i wouldn't do a ls vtec. thats why i just got a gsr. im sure changing the head to any vtec head will hender the valve clearance...
Old 04-30-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: (99LStegra)

The valve clearance will be fine with the LS pistons. If you change to really high-compression, you'll need to make sure they aren't flat or domed, though or you'll be tapping since the V-TEC lobe gives the valves more travel than an LS cam does.

I personally didn't do LS-VTEC because of cost and reliability. You need to buy a lot of things to make the hybrid work correctly, and you could have peace of mind by buying a GSR or B16 swap instead.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (apok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by apok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The valve clearance will be fine with the LS pistons. If you change to really high-compression, you'll need to make sure they aren't flat or domed, though or you'll be tapping since the V-TEC lobe gives the valves more travel than an LS cam does.

I personally didn't do LS-VTEC because of cost and reliability. You need to buy a lot of things to make the hybrid work correctly, and you could have peace of mind by buying a GSR or B16 swap instead.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My LSvtec uses a GSR head. and to say an LSvtec isnt reliable is stupid. people always say that, and its just not true. if you can change a headgasket, you can mate a vtec head to a block. buy the GE conversion kit and your set. it really is such an easy swap. and just as reliable. i take mine to 8k fully tuned all day every single day, it holds oil like any other motor, never heats up. put down decent numbers too. i love it