Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Got some parts, now I got some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2002, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got some parts, now I got some questions

Thanks to Christian I picked up a Vafc, and some H&R springs
Firstly, what is the recomended method for splicing into the ECU wiring to hook up the VAFC? soldering? are there connectors that people use?

Second, what shocks combine best with the H&R stage 2 springs? (good autocross set up, but also decent enough dampening setting so my teeth dont fall out) konis?? kybs??

Old 04-07-2002, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got some parts, now I got some questions (Audipwr1)

Hey Matt,

How did you enjoy the Auto Show? Here is the link to the LimeRock event I was telling you about http://www.nasanortheast.net

I would just cut the appropriate wires (I always cringe when cutting the ecu wires).......... make sure you don't cut too close to the harness give yourself at least 3 inches minimum from the ECU Harness. Remove the plastic casing which covers the ECU to give you some room. I highly recommend soldering and get some of that black electrical shrink wrap sold in radioshack. Several of the wires don't actually need to be cut and you can just expose a small section and solder the VAFC wire to the exposed wire, then tape the heck out of it.

Good Luck with it.

[Modified by Christian, 1:05 AM 4/8/2002]
Old 04-07-2002, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got some parts, now I got some questions (Christian)

BTW, I really like my KYB AGX's.... For the money they are great. If I get my new coilovers soon, I will give you a good deal on my used AGX's.......... Don't even bother with the Tokico, I've had the blues on my car for a month and sold them the first chance I got......

[Modified by Christian, 12:34 AM 4/8/2002]
Old 04-07-2002, 08:38 PM
New User

Koni Yellow's.... adjustable for street and track...

as for vafc... get a stripper that will strip back the insulator on a wire without cutting the wire. They sell them @ autozone for $8.99 and a nicer set at advance for $9.99. Then neatly wrap the vafc's copper wire around the ecu wiring neatly and angled so that the wires will lay on top of eachother when you're done. Solder the connection and then do a good job taping. You can also use solderless T adapters that just crimp over the existing wires. If you cut the wires and then solder, use shrink tubing.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got some parts, now I got some questions (Pb_Foot)

Just be really careful with those solderless T connectors. They have a tendency of breaking or loosening at the most inopportune moments. If you haven;t soldered before, spend a few minutes practicing before you start cutting apart the ECU Soldering is very simple and provides a very clean install.

The Koni Yellow are also quite nice

[Modified by Christian, 12:56 AM 4/8/2002]
Old 04-08-2002, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Christian,
The show was pretty darn good. Lots of nice cars. Though the concept RSX looks a little too showy for me (the grey one with big rims and body kit stock) I was told one of the new engine trims they might come to the US with will have 240hp. Thats damn smooth.
The turbocharged neon with 0-60 of 5.8 and only 15k was a cool idea. It is def gonna make the grassrots enthusiast have some more real options for speed.
I am looking at the website now, too bad we missed the april 6th event. I think im gonna hold out on the track till I at least get better brake pads and buy new shocks and install shocks and springs, dont want to be the guy like the ferrari I told you about. haha
Thanks again Christian, and any parts yougot laying around keep me posted I always need to buy something new for the teggy

Thanks other guys too, Ill be soldering them together, and shrink taping the outside. I think i might hide the computer either inside my glove box or the center armrest. Any other ideas?
Old 04-08-2002, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: Got some parts, now I got some questions (Audipwr1)

I have H&R Sport springs on Koni shocks and I abolutely LOVE it.