Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Flywheel??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel??

Ok, I'm thinking about buying a new flywheel my teg. Will it be alright if I'm running a 7lb flywheel with the OEM clutch?

Also, do you think 7lb is a good weight?
Old 09-12-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Flywheel?? (mattdenali)

thats pretty light, but since your having the tranny dropped neways to put in the flywheel go ahead and get the clutch replaced, unless youve very recently replaced it. i have an 8lb flywheel and it revs pretty fast, for me its alittle to fast for daily driving, but who knows you might like it
Old 09-12-2005, 09:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I once ran a 7 lb flywheel and loved it. It's a preference issue, but IMO anyone who knows how to drive shouldn't have any issues.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Flywheel?? (txracer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by txracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have an 8lb flywheel and it revs pretty fast, for me its alittle to fast for daily driving, but who knows you might like it</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kendall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I once ran a 7 lb flywheel and loved it. It's a preference issue, but IMO anyone who knows how to drive shouldn't have any issues.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you guys mean? I don't see how revving to fast can be a problem? Can you guys please explain?
Old 09-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Flywheel?? (mattdenali)

TODA!!! hands down best there is!
Old 09-12-2005, 10:46 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattdenali &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do you guys mean? I don't see how revving to fast can be a problem? Can you guys please explain?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Some people don't like the immediate response.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aznwash3wboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TODA!!! hands down best there is!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Built to the exact specs of several other flywheels on the market, only twice the price!!! Just because an awesome company puts their name on it, doesn't mean it's an awesome product.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kendall)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kendall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some people don't like the immediate response.
Built to the exact specs of several other flywheels on the market, only twice the price!!! Just because an awesome company puts their name on it, doesn't mean it's an awesome product.</TD></TR></TABLE>
who wouldn't like the immediate response? my teg would be getting an 8lb CrMy flywheel with the new Exedy Stage I clutch i got since they're such a bargain and stronger than Al, but my lady drives it every day and uses the a/c and blah blah she's not as hardcore as i am. when i get a clutch/flywheel for my car, i'll get a light-@$$ flywheel in there, too. not aluminum, though. what sucks is that nissan flywheels are twice the price of hondas already, and the selection is narrower.

but anyways i'd say stick with CrMy ones not Al just because i like things to be bulletproof. it's only 1lb more . . .
Old 09-13-2005, 06:14 AM

Default Re: (95lstegman)

i have the Evolution 10.5lbs and they also have a 8lbs. The 10.5 is perfect. i used to have a china flywheel that was 7 lbs and the car wanted to stall also and hated going up hills.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JohnShiwota)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JohnShiwota &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the Evolution 10.5lbs and they also have a 8lbs. The 10.5 is perfect. i used to have a china flywheel that was 7 lbs and the car wanted to stall also and hated going up hills. </TD></TR></TABLE>
how about setting the idle higher? that will be my take on it when i do it. in any case, my nissan has heavier internals than any hondas coming to mind and the lightest flywheel i've seen is like 11lbs so i don't think i'll have much trouble. and besides, when the rotating assembly's inertia isn't enough, there's always the [ghey] little 13-year-old T25 to make up for it.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: (95lstegman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95lstegman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who wouldn't like the immediate response?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You'd be very surprised at the number of people I've heard bitch about it.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: (Kendall)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kendall &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You'd be very surprised at the number of people I've heard bitch about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think they bitch because they stalled in front of their friends the first day they had the clutch!!

j/k, but something that light(7lbs)just takes some getting used to. Then again so does any new clutch/ flywheel combo!
Old 09-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: (B18CDD)

I love my 8 lb Fidanza in my B18a, never stalled, revs fast, seems to accelerate faster, and allows you to shift quicker because of the faster rev matching. It did fine on the last steep incline I was on, was worried at the time that I would roll back into the car behind me, but it just pulled up smoothly with no problems.

First thing I noticed when I installed it was when I started the car, the rpms shot up in revs real quick like it had less resistence to overcome, then settled into normal high idle warmup. Oh, and you decelerate quicker too when off the throttle.
Old 09-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sam92Teg)

just depends on the driver and what you're doing with the car. i don't track my car much, mainly daily driving so the 12lb flywheel i got was a perfect balance between faster revving and driveability/comfort (less jerky accel/decel). to each his own tho...
Old 09-13-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: (tnt-gsr)

i have a fidanza 7.5 and a clutchmaster stage 3 and i LOVE IT. revs fast and the clutch grabs like a ****. The motor revs so much faster that if im free reving my alt. belt would squeak when i revved
Old 09-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DarkDragon)

does anybody notice a correlation between the lighter flywheels and the stiffness of the engine mounts? as in, a light flywheel with stock crappy mounts gives you a very jerky feeling, whereas upgrading the motor mounts and flywheel give you the response without any annoying side effects?