Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

ECU pin trigger ?'s and Valve Cover Baffling...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECU pin trigger ?'s and Valve Cover Baffling...

I was wondering if I could get confirmation on two trigger wires and if the way I'm wiring my radiator fans / fuel pump is acceptable..

My car flooded August 2016 (couple feet above the roof). Since then I've been driving it but have issues with wiring... go figure...

I'm installing a new ecu harness and decided to run select high amperage parts on their own fuse / relay box.

FanC - A12 I planned to splice into this and use it as a ground trigger for the rad fans.. Is this acceptable? I believe it's tied into the fan control switch which should also be a ground trigger WITH the ECU - to the relay..
FLR A7 - From what I'm seeing this is a ground ECU controlled ground trigger to prime the fuel pump then run once the vehicle starts.

I use a summit CDI with the ignition bypass box created by a HT member... These trigger off of A25.. (I'll also be splitting A25 to supply relay trigger power to Fan / pump)

I know that relays take negligible power to activate but would / are there any issues to using A25 to power all 4 relays (internal or otherwise)? Should I distribute the load over another ecu power wire? Are the ground triggers accurate?
Again I'm primarily doing this as my vehicles wiring is so corrupted that I'm aiming to get as many circuits on dedicated new wiring / relays.

Lastly... I'll be installing a B16 head on my B18B1 .. I mistakenly chunked the baffle after drilling it out to install two -10an fittings... I've already had a baffle welded to cover these two fittings. So I'm not worried about massive oil loss through the fittings. Also the stock PCV nipple was pulled out and plugged.
What consequences would I experience if I do not replace the stock baffling? IE - Does oil hit baffling and fall down on the cams to maintain (or help) oil coverage? I originally thought of using button heads to bolt everything back in (until I lost the stock baffle AND drilled two holes straight through the VC!) - Fixed that issue but if I make a new baffle -- - I'll welded it as I've had nightmares thinking the button heads would come out.

Thoughts / concerns??

Thanks for any thoughts or concern I may of overlooked..

- Josh