Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

E-Brake light on

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Brake light on

This morning when I got in my car to go to school I noticed my ebrake felt a little different than usual. When putting it down it felt like it was kind of getting stuck at the bottem as I let it down. I sorta had to push it to the bottom. ON teh way to school I saw the brake light was going on and off. Any idea why this would be catching all the sudden?
Old 03-31-2003, 06:42 AM

Default Re: E-Brake light on (Tim Maryak)

Hey man I have the same problem, it seems to happen to me when it is cold out. Anything below about 35 degrees keeps my brake light on. From what I have heard it could be the e-brake sensor or the brake fluid running low. My brake fluid is about halfway between full/empty. I have a 99 GSR too, and when it is cold out it feels as if my E-brake wont go down all the way. I am going to attempt to flush and fill brake fluid soon, and I guess many have done this and it is the remedy to their problems.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: E-Brake light on (snoballgsr)

I didn't have the stuck e-brake problem but my light was coming on. Some fluid fixed that.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey,

Your brake light may come on because your fluid is low. Your fluid may be low because your pads are almost gone. My light went on and off initially, then stayed lit after awhile. The cause of this was worn front brake pads. After the brake light stays on, the metallic screeching sound signaling that your pads are totally shot is not too far away. Just some insight from me, I guess. HTH.

Old 03-31-2003, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: E-Brake light on (SilverGS)

Thanks a lot guys. It was very cold this morning for the first time in a while. Mid 30's, as hard as it to believe since it was 70 here the other day . I'll go ahead and check the brake fluid and brake pads.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:38 PM

Default Re: E-Brake light on (SilverGS)

Hey,

Your brake light may come on because your fluid is low. Your fluid may be low because your pads are almost gone. My light went on and off initially, then stayed lit after awhile. The cause of this was worn front brake pads. After the brake light stays on, the metallic screeching sound signaling that your pads are totally shot is not too far away. Just some insight from me, I guess. HTH.
I second this. Worn out pads will make the fluid level drop a little and you can check the level under ur hood. But honestly the level of fluid should have no affect wat so ever on the ease with which you lower n raise your ebrake handle. so that is something odd... but perhaps the cold weather has something to do with that. being a so cali resident i kno nothing about cold weather effects on ur car. Sorrie.. but hope that helps some. Peace...

Eric.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:42 PM

This morning when I got in my car to go to school I noticed my ebrake felt a little different than usual. When putting it down it felt like it was kind of getting stuck at the bottem as I let it down. I sorta had to push it to the bottom. ON teh way to school I saw the brake light was going on and off. Any idea why this would be catching all the sudden?
I had the same problem with the light. I brought my car in to Acura and the just topped off the fluid. Problem solved.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: E-Brake light on (01SilverGSR)

Yup, same thing happened to me. I just filled it with more brake fluid and that fixed it.