Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

dumb o2 sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Default dumb o2 sensor question

i remember way back when i changed my o2 sensor in my cat with a universal one. i was under my car doin some other work and i noticed that the o2 sensor that was all taped up and very universal lookin was now in front of the cat. they were switched. i'm wondering if when i got exhaust work done a long time ago if they switched the 2 sensors around. are there different colored wires dependin on front or rear o2 sensors? if they are what colors are they?
Old 09-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: dumb o2 sensor question (danteisme)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danteisme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i remember way back when i changed my o2 sensor in my cat with a universal one. i was under my car doin some other work and i noticed that the o2 sensor that was all taped up and very universal lookin was now in front of the cat. they were switched. i'm wondering if when i got exhaust work done a long time ago if they switched the 2 sensors around. are there different colored wires dependin on front or rear o2 sensors? if they are what colors are they?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well if you have a universal, the wire colors wouldn't be valid anymore. If you had an aftermarket sensor up front and an OEM one in the back...or vice versa, and now it's switched, im guessing they switched them around.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dumb o2 sensor question (B serious)

yes but the factory wires from the harness would still be there. but the thing is the one from the cat actually goes up into the body of the car so wouldnt that be pretty hard to switch them around?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: dumb o2 sensor question (danteisme)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danteisme &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes but the factory wires from the harness would still be there. but the thing is the one from the cat actually goes up into the body of the car so wouldnt that be pretty hard to switch them around? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah. it would be. maybe you were just looking at everything backwards when you were laying on your back lol. maybe you were laying with your head to the front of the car legs to the back of the car before.....and then afterwards you were laying with your head towards the back of the car and legs towards the front of the car or something.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: dumb o2 sensor question (B serious)

oh hell i dunno...i'm gonna unplug the sensor that still has the plug intact and look at one at work and see if the connectors look the same