Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

DA rear hubs and ARP studs

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA rear hubs and ARP studs

I found out to much surprise that the cheap Rock Auto rear hubs come with slightly larger wheel studs than OEM, to the point where ARP studs don't stay securely in the holes.

I have these wheel studs: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/arp-100-7711

Hub #1: PRO 29513033 (295-13033)

These are not currently sold but I have had great results with them on my Miata.

Out of two hubs, one hole is large enough that I can insert the ARP stud in it by hand (rather than having to use a press).

Hub #2: API (Auto Part International) 45448

One of the hubs has all of the holes large enough that I can insert and remove ARP studs by hand.

I pressed one stud out of an OEM Honda hub that came off the car and the OEM stud simply falls out of the hole in the API hub. Conversely, API studs do not want to go into the OEM hub even with a press. ARP studs seat fine in the OEM hub. API studs seem to match API hubs but they are larger than OEM spec and as a result ARP studs don't fit well in API hubs.

At $22 each I am going to try the OMNI, WJB and DURA hubs before I go to Advance Auto hubs at $70 or Honda hubs at $135, but I am wondering if anyone replaced studs in these hubs recently and can recommend a manufacturer whose studs are OEM sized.
Old 06-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA rear hubs and ARP studs

When the ARP studs are installed in the API hubs do they rotate at all? Or is it just not a tight press fit like OEM? If they can't rotate at all (even slightly), I think you could safely install them in the API hubs and give them each a light tack weld from the rear to hold them in place.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA rear hubs and ARP studs

Not sure on whether the studs physically are able to rotate in the hubs, and I would rather not find out at a track day. Welding is a pretty radical solution, if nothing else works I imagine this is what I will have to do.