Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

crankshaft position sensor issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: crankshaft position sensor issues

Ok im getting code P1337 on my 2000 usdn b18c1 and have been searching everywhere for info. I found this and tried to trouble shoot by checking for impedence but my connector only has two contacts not three? I have impedence from one contact to the other but none when touching the body ground to each contact on the sensor. I dont car about the check engine light so should i just bypass it and the motor will run fine? Id rather bypass and save time and money if it will run the same.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm having the same issue the code that's coming back is PO336 i'm gonna measure the ohms to see if i can find the problem cause lord knows dizzy's aren't cheap FML!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well i followed the directions on the website for the bypass trick and Im still getting the same code p1337. i clear it out and it comes back almost instantly. I checked and rechecked the connections and they are all good. Anyone have any ideas?

*update, I'm an idiot. I cut the wires it said to cut or depin on the ecu side of the splice. When it said to cut or depin i assumed it meant to depin from the connector...anyways i redid the connections the correct way and the check engine light is gone and car runs great!

Last edited by nick91civicsi; 10-03-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: ^^^
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

p0336 is crank position sensor. it has nothing to do with the ckf bypass. you have an internal fault with the distributor, or a wiring issue.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by kyden
p0336 is crank position sensor. it has nothing to do with the ckf bypass. you have an internal fault with the distributor, or a wiring issue.
How would I go about troubleshooting the problem should I get a new dizzy?
Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98dxkoupe
How would I go about troubleshooting the problem should I get a new dizzy?
check 12v to the dizzy.if you show voltage to the dizzy,and dont have spark to the plug,then it will definitely be something in the distributor.

bust out the multimeter and determine what is not grounding in the distributor.

also,the coil should show at least .6 ohms
Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JuicedUpRice
check 12v to the dizzy.if you show voltage to the dizzy,and dont have spark to the plug,then it will definitely be something in the distributor.

bust out the multimeter and determine what is not grounding in the distributor.

also,the coil should show at least .6 ohms
I will have to do that u replaced dizzy cap ignition coil spark plugs an wires an I'm getting that code for the position sensor the car sputters in neutral an when I'm shifting gears so today when I get off work I'm gonna measure the voltage to the dizzy
Old 10-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will have to do that u replaced dizzy cap ignition coil spark plugs an wires an I'm getting that code for the position sensor the car sputters in neutral an when I'm shifting gears so today when I get off work I'm gonna measure the voltage to the dizzy
oh and the dizzy wire you should be checking is ylw/blk

my car wouldnt even start when mine went out...
Old 10-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's called a ignition control module in ur dist...all that is built into that module....replace it....
Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My car starts fine it just sputters an that's the code that came back I would hate to replace the dizzy when I just replaced the ignition control module aka ignition coil lol ill keep you guys updated on what I find out
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My car starts fine it just sputters an that's the code that came back I would hate to replace the dizzy when I just replaced the ignition control module aka ignition coil lol ill keep you guys updated on what I find out
well the coil and the icm(ignitor/ignition control module) are two different things.the ignitor tells the coil when to shoot out spark,and the cas/etc sensors tell the icm when to signal the coil.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JuicedUpRice
well the coil and the icm(ignitor/ignition control module) are two different things.the ignitor tells the coil when to shoot out spark,and the cas/etc sensors tell the icm when to signal the coil.
Oh ok gotcha learned something new lol but yea nobody I have talked to knows what's wrong with my car an why it sputters some say ignition timing crankshaft position sensor lol it's never ending trying to troubleshoot this problem
Old 02-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Trial User

Default RE:CPK is located inside the dizzy. Your car will shut off occa

I just bought a 2001 Honda prelude an it has no spark an there is a little bit of oil in the bottom of the distrbuter cap it was running perfectly an just quit an won't start now an I have no clue what is wrong with it
Old 02-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: CPK is located inside the dizzy. Your car will shut off occa

Originally Posted by Prelude01FF
I just bought a 2001 Honda prelude an it has no spark an there is a little bit of oil in the bottom of the distrbuter cap it was running perfectly an just quit an won't start now an I have no clue what is wrong with it
try a new distributor your internal o-ring is most likely old and dry rotted, its not a thing you can replace the oil getting in probably messed with something.

THIS IS NOT THE PRELUDE section this is integra only.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HondaPartsHero
That's not the crankshaft position sensor its the crankshaft fluctuation sensor. The crank sensor is inside the distributor and if its bad you'll need to replace your distributor. What is the code exactly?
Thank you! I keep reading on everywhere about this and know this guy's code is the crank sensor located INSIDE the distributor mixed with magnets and a bunch of craziness.....Listen, when the crank sensor goes the car will start fine cold but have issues once its hot....It may crank and crank then after a few tries it may start.

Buy a good distributor. Dont cut any corners....You get the Ignition control module, coil, cam and crank sensors, cap, rotor....The casing. Make sure you have that thing centered and timed right or you will just blow thru that thing within months.....These cars are famous for crank no spark.....Youre not helping the engine so do this soon. And how is it expensive? Go on ebay.....Dirt cheap for good brands or buy all the parts and rebuild your distributor like I did. Duralast does make a good distributor but why pay hundreds when you can build an even better one? Just take it all apart and be sure to remember where those wires go. I'm a girl btw lol....i am NOT blowing crazy cash on a distributor and yes they can get rebuilt but you really need to dig around online and find the two sensors....They almost always force you into buying the whole unit. But thank you for being the one and only person who knows the sensor is in the distributor and would have been very pissed off spending 100 bucks only to start your car like you never did anything lol