Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Clutch noises/problems...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch noises/problems...

I seem to be having trouble with my clutch in the last couple of days. I've never done a clutch, but what little I know about them I think that maybe I could have a bad throw bearing.

When I push the clutch petal in I can hear something still rotating and it gives a small grinding sound. Also I have to press the clutch down completely to get it to shift properly.

I replaced the clutch master cyclinder a few years ago, so hopefully that is not the problem

What do you think? I guess if it is a clutch problem of anytime, I might have to just replace the entire unit anyway right? Anyway, any info would be appreciated.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Clutch noises/problems... (renes)

The noise that you have explained sounds like a throw out bearing. It may also be an adjustment needed in the clutch cable (if it is a cable, you didn't say year).

If may also be that you clutch is just now that worn. Really, it would be one or the other, and probably just need to drop the transmission to figure out what it is when inspecting the clutch. Either way, I would at least put in a new release bearing, and pilot (flywheel) bearing when it wall all apart, and inspect the clutch.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Clutch noises/problems... (jdmcars.com)

If I get a clutch kit it will come with the throw out bearing, but I'm not sure if it will come with the flywheel bearing. I bought this car new 10 years ago (95 GSR) and have 230,000 km and have never replaced the clutch.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to replace it even if it still has some meat on it. I am assuming this will be a major undertaking to get the transmission out. If I'm going to go through all that work I might as well replace the clutch.

I just want ot make damn sure that it is the clutch and not something else.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Clutch noises/problems... (jdmcars.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmcars.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It may also be an adjustment needed in the clutch cable (if it is a cable, you didn't say year).

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did mension that I replaced the clutch master cylinder. Doesn't that automatically mean I don't have a cable, or is there a cable and I just never noticed it before? I don't know much about front wheel drive clutches.