Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

B18 block bearing went, what blocks fit with gsr head?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18 block bearing went, what blocks fit with gsr head?

Alright, so I had just camer back from a 700 mile trip in my civic with the gsr swap, bottom end was done by ARP along with the head, had the fullbolt kit balanced and polished crank high comp. and I think my oil pump mighta gone but thats just what somone told me, So i get back from the trip and doing 55 down a road hanging with friends and i start hearing a knocking, got it home drivin at 800 rpms, havent taken it apart yet but the knock comes and goes, maybe a rod bearing? Im going to take it apart but no oil leaks or anything yet..

Id like to buy a block with eagle rods and pistons all that or just keep mine, head is milled for high comp and has new oem pistons and all that, hopeing nothing is fed up in the case so i can just replace all the bearings and do some more work, just short on money.

What I was thinking is just by a new one also, what blocks will fit with my gsr head and have vtec? whats the best bet? cheapest? help me out. would like to get it back on the road! Thanks!
Old 08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: B18 block bearing went, what blocks fit with gsr head?

Any of the B-series block can work with some modification. As to actualy knowing what is going on you'll have to take some stuff off. First thing I would do is drop the oil pan and see what going on there. Look for metal shavings or chunks of metal. But unless your just looking for a reason to buy a new block, it's sounds like it may actualy be repairable. And how the hell did you drive home at 800 rpms? And was that all it could do or did you just do it hopeing not to F something up more?
Old 08-21-2009, 11:31 PM

Well being smart i didnt hold it like i was ignoring the racket. it pulled pretty good lucky theres some torque there. haha jk that bitch was raddleing but it worked. and it only knocked at higher rpms
Old 08-21-2009, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like I said I would drop the oil pan and see if you can visually spot anything wrong. It may be the bearings but it may not. I'm sure some other guys on here are a bit more knowledgable and may be able to guide you a bit better. But normaly when you have bearing issues it can be seen from the bottom. And if you just want to do a re-build you can grab any B-series block. But I would suggest trying to find a B18C1 block to simplify your work, but it will probably be a bit more then say a B18A and a LS/Vtec kit. But It will also be a bit more reliable.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:46 PM

alright yeah i might pull motor tomarrow and take al ook
Old 08-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Muuurph
alright yeah i might pull motor tomarrow and take al ook
Before you go though all the trouble of actualy pulling the motor drop the oil pan. It may save you time and a headache.