Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

92 Integra - I need some advice please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Integra - I need some advice please.

i bought my integra a long time ago and just got it to pass smog this past year. I bought a short ram intake to replace my cold air intake and also got a new catalytic converter to pass the test after owning it for over a year.
**My integ has oil leak problems, i think the burning smell comes from the oil leaks but im not sure
**it idles from sometimes 500rpms to 1100rpms, (when it reaches the low range of rpms, it sounds like its choking),
**my car doesnt start sometimes and I have to use a little wire to touch my battery to force start it

the things i have done to my car so far: DC headers, new clutch, new short shift kit.
the mechanic told me i had a gsr tranny with a b18b engine.
i am new to cars and need help to keep my car more reliable.
230k on the car
130k on the engine
Old 11-15-2008, 02:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Starting problem is probly the main relay. its under the dash, And when you turn the key so the lights on the dash come on you will hear it make a click sound. They commonly stuff up on pre 96 integras. Its just a matter or resolding the joints.

Wondering idle will be caused by the cold idle up. Its on the manifolded under the throttle body and has coolant running throgh it. Eather replace it or pull it apart and clean it.
Also check for vac leaks.

Where abouts is the oil leak, If its vtec its quite common for it to leak around the solinoid, The leaking oil combined with the heat of the block/headers gives off a distentive smell almost like its over heating.
Its its not a big leak its something you can just put up with.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 PM

^^^ what kind of advice is that...ya check the thinga majig on the axle will your at it.and don't forget to add VTEC fluid too..DUH! STFU with dumb *** BS advice that will make him look like a tool like you!!!****ing people like you should not be allowed to post crap like that ..put the butt plug in your mouth instead it might work better for you there!!!!

Originally Posted by NayborhoodJohnny
i bought my integra a long time ago and just got it to pass smog this past year. I bought a short ram intake to replace my cold air intake and also got a new catalytic converter to pass the test after owning it for over a year.
**My integ has oil leak problems, i think the burning smell comes from the oil leaks but im not sure
**it idles from sometimes 500rpms to 1100rpms, (when it reaches the low range of rpms, it sounds like its choking),
**my car doesnt start sometimes and I have to use a little wire to touch my battery to force start it

the things i have done to my car so far: DC headers, new clutch, new short shift kit.
the mechanic told me i had a gsr tranny with a b18b engine.
i am new to cars and need help to keep my car more reliable.
230k on the car
130k on the engine
1.Oil leak most likely will be the " Oil Pressure Switch" the location of this switch is beside the oil filter,it's very common on the 2nd gen integras,ceramic cracks over time causing it to leak.or you've double sealed your oil filter.

2.Idle problem " Idle Air Control Valve or IACV " needs to be cleaned!
3. Starting problem most likely you have a dead spot in the starter! ..replace the starter.Does it do this all the time or not? If not then it's the starter.