Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

2001 B18B1 project help needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 B18B1 project help needed

I bought this car and the parts from a friend who started it but couldn't finish it and now I realize I'm struggling myself. My goal is to get it running, using the parts I have and spending as little as possible. I'm not trying to make the fastest Integra around, as I have already decided to sell the turbo kit. I currently have the head off. It has forged aluminum pistons and eagle H beam rods. I have two sets of B18B1 cams, one OEM and one aftermarket, and a set of Brian Crower stage 2 Street strip cams. Also have DNJ oil pump and all general (mostly OEM) engine components. What more do I need to buy to get it running? I've been told an aftermarket ECU and tuner adjustable cam gears and fuel pressure regulator, regardless of whether I use the BC cams since the block is modified. I was also told it'd be more cost efficient to just scrap this block and all parts and get a B18CI factory engine and put it in. Just wanted a second opinion. Thanks in advance. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by *RAYMAN*; 04-27-2017 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 04-28-2017, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2001 B18B1 project help needed

Originally Posted by *RAYMAN*
I bought this car and the parts from a friend who started it but couldn't finish it and now I realize I'm struggling myself. My goal is to get it running, using the parts I have and spending as little as possible. I'm not trying to make the fastest Integra around, as I have already decided to sell the turbo kit. I currently have the head off. It has forged aluminum pistons and eagle H beam rods. I have two sets of B18B1 cams, one OEM and one aftermarket, and a set of Brian Crower stage 2 Street strip cams. Also have DNJ oil pump and all general (mostly OEM) engine components. What more do I need to buy to get it running? I've been told an aftermarket ECU and tuner adjustable cam gears and fuel pressure regulator, regardless of whether I use the BC cams since the block is modified. I was also told it'd be more cost efficient to just scrap this block and all parts and get a B18CI factory engine and put it in. Just wanted a second opinion. Thanks in advance. Any thoughts are appreciated.
You looking close to $1,000-$2,000 to get that build up and running. You better off sell those parts and pick up a B18C1 engine and transmission on Craigslist for $1,000-$1,500. If everything works, it should just drop and plug (you might have to do some wiring). It is a lot cheaper, less headache than putting an engine together then trying to get it up and running.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NatBx
You looking close to $1,000-$2,000 to get that build up and running. You better off sell those parts and pick up a B18C1 engine and transmission on Craigslist for $1,000-$1,500. If everything works, it should just drop and plug (you might have to do some wiring). It is a lot cheaper, less headache than putting an engine together then trying to get it up and running.
Thanks for the reply, so a b18C1 will work with the stock ecu and all other counter parts? What about my aftermarket parts? Will any of them work with it? Oil pump etc.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have a B18B motor in there and no v-tec head then your stock ecu will not run a B18C motor with v-tec. If you want to use all the stock items that the car has then you could go with a B20B and not worry about v-tec. This will most likely cost you the least amount of money going with a stock B20B from a engine importer.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Scorchin Civic
If you have a B18B motor in there and no v-tec head then your stock ecu will not run a B18C motor with v-tec. If you want to use all the stock items that the car has then you could go with a B20B and not worry about v-tec. This will most likely cost you the least amount of money going with a stock B20B from a engine importer.
so the general consensus is no matter what I have to change the ECU or the entire engine.. think I'll just part it out thanks everyone for the responses​.