Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

$The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $$ What's This Car Worth? Do I Buy It? What Will This Part or Repair Cost? $$

Originally Posted by Townson
that car is clean as hell man. i got a milano red ej6 myself. i dont see why you wouldnt be able to get at least 3k for it even tho the transmission is starting to go bad. the market value for used cars has gone up around 30% in the last few years. set your price as $3200 and that way you'll have some room to negotiate you know what im saying? but yeah, nice car man. i'm glad to see another r81 ej6, i barely see them anywhere.
Thanks man! I've never modded that much outside of suspension but I've always tried to keep it nice. Part of me wants to just buy an EP3 or something to daily and go all out with my Civic. Hard choice.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Whats it worth

Originally Posted by angrysmileyface
Just trying to get a consensus here. Its a 1994 civic ex coupe shell with interior around 200K on the odo. Doesnt include the engine (D16Z6), is it worth 800?
Pictures would help. I would say if it's clean and rust free, yes.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:24 AM
Trial User

Default Re: price for head and block job at machine shop right?

Originally Posted by beginmyhonda
well i live in a small town and theres only one shop i know in town and thats NAPA
but they dont even know hondas, they're more of chevy and fords

thanks for the warning
There are also fast and reliable car companies that buy used car, just as you want.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: $$ What's This Car Worth? Do I Buy It? What Will This Part or Repair Cost? $$

Bought this car for $2200...is it worth it?

-94 Civic Si HB 135,000 miles
-JDM sir cluster
-JDM B16a OBD0 Unknown miles
-Leaking oil from cam seal on exhaust side
-Has coilovers all around (brand?)
-Front and rear camber kit (Skunk 2)
-Front traction bar kit
-No PS/AC
-No radio
-Sunroof is stuck
-Cruise control works and recently just installed ac (blows *cold*)
Old 08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had my EM1 totalled by a Honda Odessy and Plymouth voyager. (they hit each other and proceded to rear end me @ 40 niles/hr while I was parked in traffic)

Rear bumper is toast, center console is broken, trunk is bent, exhaust weld broke and driver side frame rail bent up 45 degrees...I didn't have a scratch... and neither did the stupid vans!!!

2000 SiR (Canadian model) 119,000kms and the insurance gave me a whopping $6000 cdn as it was a salvaged title.

I got no money for my add-ons which is often the case...

Tein SS full suspension
AEM 3" CAI
Type R stainless headers
Urethane torque mounts
Aluminum flywheel
KVR stage 2 ceramic/kevlar combo clutch
Skunk 2 Short shift
Skunk 2 megapower cat back
aftermarket strut braces (upper front and back)

I got to keep my EM1 rims though (yay)

Edit: I was not able to recover any of my add-ons so someone at the acution will be getting lucky I think...
Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my 94 VX for 1000 bucks. Doesn't smoke but does leak fluids. All original and complete. White w/ blue interior. I have since replaced the blue for a black interior and it currently is having the quarter replaced.The clear is peeling all over and it needed a rear quarter replace, but did come with a used quarter to use. I think I got a pretty good deal for a running hatch with full interior.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Worth trading???

Hey I was wondering if its worth trading my ej8 for this ek:

hi i have a 2000 clean ek hatch with a b16a swap
ctr headers
rota slips
new dunlop tires w/ 70% tread
viper alarm
si cluster
cf hood
si front lip
ctr rear lip
jdm side markers
thin side molding
spoon mirrors
sony deck
oem wing
skunk 2 springs in the front with tokico struts
si seats.
looking to get 4900 obo dont low ball me!!!

for my coupe:

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2964543
Old 08-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No offense to the mod(s) but this thread needs to be it's own forum. Its like having the most hijacked thread in history. I'd rather see these posts as their own threads in the main tech forum just for readability (I'd imagine they still do appear as such and would be a nightmare to manage). Purchasing cars and parts is a part of tech imo. I don't see the harm in having them as threads in the tech forum. If people don't want to read it it will fall down the ranks anyway. Or maybe the marketplace section should be subdivided into vehicle categories as the tech forums are (if they are not already).
Old 08-05-2011, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by strategy400
No offense to the mod(s) but this thread needs to be it's own forum. Its like having the most hijacked thread in history. I'd rather see these posts as their own threads in the main tech forum just for readability (I'd imagine they still do appear as such and would be a nightmare to manage). Purchasing cars and parts is a part of tech imo. I don't see the harm in having them as threads in the tech forum. If people don't want to read it it will fall down the ranks anyway. Or maybe the marketplace section should be subdivided into vehicle categories as the tech forums are (if they are not already).
Do other members feel the same? Or do you think this sticky is fine? Please post your honest opinion. Input is always welcome.

Last edited by Former User; 08-06-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by strategy400
I'm kind of with this guy. I like the idea, since these aren't really tech, but everyone is going to post their cars, maybe give some feedback to the one above their own and probably not much else.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Worth trading???

Originally Posted by 97dc2ftw
Hey I was wondering if its worth trading my ej8 for this ek:

hi i have a 2000 clean ek hatch with a b16a swap
ctr headers
rota slips
new dunlop tires w/ 70% tread
viper alarm
si cluster
cf hood
si front lip
ctr rear lip
jdm side markers
thin side molding
spoon mirrors
sony deck
oem wing
skunk 2 springs in the front with tokico struts
si seats.
looking to get 4900 obo dont low ball me!!!

for my coupe:

http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2964543
I wouldn't. It's pretty much the same car but you have .2 liters more displacement with your current car.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:21 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RonJ@HT
Do other members feel the same? Or do you think this sticky is fine? Please post your honest opinion. Input is always welcome.
It should get it's own general subforum OUTSIDE of this one. So any make can be represented. I've seen this done successfully on other kinds of forums. Separate non-tech threads should NOT be allowed in this forum.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Trial User

2000 EBP Honda Civic Si
Miles: 68,500

Aesthetics:
Interior: 9.5/10
Exterior: 9.5/10 (Immaculate)

Engine/Suspension Mods:
AEM CAI
AEM Adj. Cam Gears
DC Headers (Ceramic)
DC Exhaust
DC Short Shifter
DC Stabilizer Bar
Skunk2 Pro-S Coils(5k)
E-motor LRC arms

Scheduled Maintenance (within 10k):
Water Pump
Timing Belt
Brake Pads

**I'm looking to sell my car. What do you guys think its worth?

Last edited by SiOnay; 08-06-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Trial User

buying a ek96 tomorrow .... the only bad thing i see is the steering bracket is broken how hard is that to fix ... the kid only wants 1000
Old 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Trial User

I'm still on the look out for a del sol. Any one have any info on this car?
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2532975323.html
95' Honda Del Sol - $3700
MOVING, NEED TO SELL!!!!!
Custom 95' Honda Del Sol. Lots !!! of extras added on.
Tokico adjustable, full suspension kit, 6k Purple HID's,CD Player, B16 Vtec Engine with a DC sport header, Japanese top fuel for race exhaust, AEM power pully kit, Integra type R exhaust manifold, 5 spoke GSR rims off and Integra, front upper strut bar, rear upper strut bar, lower rear strut bar, Datum front and rear tow hooks (Blue), Brand new Toyo street proformance tires, brand new front brake pands, after market rear control arms (metallic blue), rear lower tie arm brace.

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
It should get it's own general subforum OUTSIDE of this one. So any make can be represented. I've seen this done successfully on other kinds of forums. Separate non-tech threads should NOT be allowed in this forum.
I agree
Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

SiOnay, your car is super clean and the miles are really low. Maybe it's worth $7500? The paint/body look like new.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Gedrik
I'm still on the look out for a del sol. Any one have any info on this car?
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2532975323.html
95' Honda Del Sol - $3700
MOVING, NEED TO SELL!!!!!
Custom 95' Honda Del Sol. Lots !!! of extras added on.
Tokico adjustable, full suspension kit, 6k Purple HID's,CD Player, B16 Vtec Engine with a DC sport header, Japanese top fuel for race exhaust, AEM power pully kit, Integra type R exhaust manifold, 5 spoke GSR rims off and Integra, front upper strut bar, rear upper strut bar, lower rear strut bar, Datum front and rear tow hooks (Blue), Brand new Toyo street proformance tires, brand new front brake pands, after market rear control arms (metallic blue), rear lower tie arm brace.

I agree
She looks clean but also low to the ground. He or she needs to sell so you could probably get it for 3,000 to 3,200 if you had the cash-in-hand.

I think I would raise her a bit though. She looks like she about ready to scrape asphalt.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by D Griff
SiOnay, your car is super clean and the miles are really low. Maybe it's worth $7500? The paint/body look like new.
Thanks for the input! KBB says about $8,600 for excellent condition. It's kind of a subjective measurement. I know the minor modifications can devalue the car as well.

Other thoughts are welcomed!
Old 08-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

$1500 for a 97 civic cx 115,000 miles, full interior, working a/c and straight body i think i got a good deal.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Theuri, congrats on the purchase! I probably would've tried to get it for a little less, but it looks clean and I bet the h22 is fun!

I have a question of my own for this topic.

I've got a 1997 DX coupe, milano red, 165k. I've had the car for 5 years and it's time to move on.

The good:

Paint/exterior look really nice. A few scratches here and there, NO RUST. D16Y7 runs great, no CELs, pretty much stock all around, cold AC, GSR fat fives with Dunlop Direzza, about 75-80% tread at least, pretty nice speakers/head unit.

The bad:

The transmission isn't good, grinds frequently 3rd, 4th and 5th and some pop outs. Salvage title. I got in a wreck right after I bought it (I was in high school back then), totalled it, got all the work done, full fresh paint and everything. Looks good, no problems related to the wreck for the last 5 years/50,000 miles.

Is it reasonable that I'm hoping to get about $2k for this, or not at all? If not, what can I look for?
Where are you from! I would glady give you 2k for that car.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Trial User

Hi there,I am looking into buying a Civic and was wondering how much a 1997 Honda Civic EX would cost. It has a salvage title with up to date maintenance/tune up. It's a salvage title because the front bumper was hit and needed to be replaced. It currently has 130k miles on it.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SiOnay
Thanks for the input! KBB says about $8,600 for excellent condition. It's kind of a subjective measurement. I know the minor modifications can devalue the car as well.

Other thoughts are welcomed!
It's definitely subjective, it all depends on who the buyer is, how long you're willing to sit on it, etc. It's definitely an immaculate car though, it could be worth a large amount to the right guy.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Trial User

It's definitely subjective, it all depends on who the buyer is, how long you're willing to sit on it, etc. It's definitely an immaculate car though, it could be worth a large amount to the right guy.
DGriff, I think that's the best answer. In the end their may be someone that's willing to pay a lot for it. Again, I appreciate your input.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How much is my SHELL worth? Somebody offered me 1500 w/ the WS2 cat-back & lips/spoiler/skirts. Any help would be great, and thanks in advance. Just looking for a ballpark figure.

*2000 Civic CX (clean title). Vouge Silver Metallic.
-5spd
-Very clean inside and out.
-Replica lips & duckbill.
-Complete interior.
-a/c intact.
-Hella 8k HID's

*Stock brakes & suspension.
-on steelies.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Finally out of college and want to start working on my dream car. Looking for an EG civic Hatch that has AC & PS, butut I can deal with no power steering since I had a 1985 nissan truck for the longest. I'm really excited about getting this under way! Let me know what you guys think about these picks or if you know anyone looking to sell. Thanks for taking the time to look!

Mike

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/2501538777.html

http://mobile.craigslist.org/cto/2533474142.html

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/2540989351.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2523446233.html

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/2506971311.html

Quick Reply: $The Value Thread$ What's It Worth? Should I Buy? What's the Cost?