Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

anyone used or think the UCA from 88-91 civic works on CD/CE?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: anyone used or think the UCA from 88-91 civic works on CD/CE?

Hi^ well on my EF I shortened the arm for - camber

what does that ball joint move back say 10mm?

I moved this back 10MM

i did it on the ef

Old 06-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I cannot really believe that. That is highly unsafe. Have you ever been a accident were the front of your honda got crushed up? I've been in 2 both times I t-boned some one who ran a redlight. They crunch up like a can in that spot were your dumb *** cut. I'm supprized you pass inspections like that or if you get pulled over for ride hight limits they make you pop your hood to see if you have other mods and blam your ****ed for unsafe vehical.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You gotta calm down man ^

You are really getting stressed out.

If your car is lowered it's already way unsafe so those holes aren't going to matter.

Last edited by 89civicdx; 06-18-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Car is not lowered. And there is safe ways to lower a car. Not cutting up and making your own **** unless your a professional welder and fabricator. Non of these yahoo's are. My car is lowered on skunk2 springs and tokico blue labels as of today so much better.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 4gen5thtime
Car is not lowered. And there is safe ways to lower a car. Not cutting up and making your own **** unless your a professional welder and fabricator. Non of these yahoo's are. My car is lowered on skunk2 springs and tokico blue labels as of today so much better.

Well if you lower your car you are lowering the door sill and your bumpers and some of these older cars don't even have door bars if you get t boned the other car is going to end up in your lap. Or you might slide under the bumper of another car. So it's not really "safe" in the end but I understand what you are saying though.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:51 AM
He knows where you live!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

??????

Yes, there are safe ways to lower your car, you replace your components with better quality ones and not just any old thing. No one makes an aftermarket upper control arm for Accords, so you are left with only a few options.

- Camber kits for negative camber
- Fab a UCA
- Cut the hole for more travel w/ camber kits

Banging your UCA against that fender is certainly not nearly as safe as making room for it to move freely correct? I hope you can agree on that. People that run that low risk other problems regardless. Those cuts are the least of their worries. Oil pans, transmissions, header, etc are all in a much more prone position.

Have you ever seen a crash test with a 4th or 5th gen against any newer car? The car is totalled regardless. Seriously. I would invite you to watch any one of the numerous head on collision tests done with Accord vs *.

You have to pay to play. If you want to go that low, you have to modify something. If you're honestly going to cry over it, don't do it, simple as that. My personal opinion is you are a 18 year old e-thug who thinks he is hot **** and knows everything. Quite obviously you do not. Not only can you not read which chassis we're talking about but did not recognize any quality modifications for the CD chassis.

PS, I removed my perfectly working airbag too for the Nardi wheel

*edit* And I just looked, you drive a beat up EF, you have no room to talk about "safety." Your car regardless of mods will crumple like a tin can.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:04 AM
He knows where you live!

Wow I cannot really believe that. That is highly unsafe. Have you ever been a accident were the front of your honda got crushed up? I've been in 2 both times I t-boned some one who ran a redlight. They crunch up like a can in that spot were your dumb *** cut. I'm supprized you pass inspections like that or if you get pulled over for ride hight limits they make you pop your hood to see if you have other mods and blam your ****ed for unsafe vehical.

To add.

The cars are DESIGNED to crumple there, point is invalid.

Inspections do not look at that as an inspected item, point is invalid.

A cop is not going to "blam **** me" for a hole.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

Give it up children,

People do worse things to make their cars unsafe. Improperly cut springs, use home depot sheet metal to hold down there aftermarket seats...etc...etc.....etc.

As for the crumple zone & no frame comments. How does this grab ya? I no longer have crumple zones at all. My car is a ridged frame. Yes that's right, I called it a frame. If you have ever looked at a CD chassis there are two front frame rails. Just because it's called a unibody doesn't mean it doesn't have a sub frame.

Look up Honda part number 60810-SV4-V51ZZ and tell me what you find. I bet you find that it's the complete front right frame. 60910-SV4-V51ZZ is the left side.

Chopping that tiny hole in the top of your shock tower is no more of a safety hazard than lowering your car in the first place. As mentioned before, by lowering your car you totally negate any and all crumple zones and vehicle occupant protection. It was all created and designed using stock ride height. Not lowered 2-3" and that 2-3" can mean the difference between a truck going right up over you or just F#@k you up bit.

Ether way something is definitely going to crumple. I don't think that hole is going to change that

/rant back OT
Old 06-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow I drive other things then just a beat up ed. My car has come along way since I've taken pictures. Maybe I'll update for ya today. *******.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow I drive other things then just a beat up ed. My car has come along way since I've taken pictures. Maybe I'll update for ya today. *******.
Gotta love the noobies... Go Muffin Man and Ghost! you guys rock and have LOTS of experience.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:22 PM
He knows where you live!

I enjoyed how the only comment he came back with was in regards to the last line of my post. lol
Old 06-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

success!!!! the EF fits and no hitting!!!

compared the 2 top EF bottom CE/CD

this doesnt quite line up with the bolts from the mounting anchors. but you get the idea

you gotta take the mounts of the EF, well i didnt check if they work. but def gotta take out the top plate between the mounts. wont clear the suspension. i used my camber kit to get more neg camber. you gotta WD40 and hammer it in to put on the CD/CE mounts or camber kit (still using the CD/CE anchor bolt camber kit style). its a tight fit, dont go on so easy.

pic being mounted on

thats all
Old 06-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive heard of this before, really want to try it out too. hey are you also using anchor bolts.

so you ended up using the EF UCA w/out camber kit? hows alignment?
Old 06-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by alkoholikwun
ive heard of this before, really want to try it out too. hey are you also using anchor bolts.

so you ended up using the EF UCA w/out camber kit? hows alignment?
im still using the CD/CE camber kit that replaces the stock anchors/bolts. toe is off pretty sure caster is also. gotta take it to the alignment shop and see what happens
Old 06-21-2009, 04:57 AM
He knows where you live!

Exactly how much smaller is it? The ball joint placement looks almost identical with it having less of a lip on the outside. Very interesting to see that it fits though.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^its pretty much exactly the same., but at least the UCA dont hit the very top of the fender anymore and it gives me the camber i need without the balljoint type camber. the ball joint camber, it makes the UCA sit higher. so then it makes the stock UCA hit the top fender. but put it this way. it fits with a 17x9 +10 in the front.