Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Civic (2001 - 2005)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!


Reply
 
 
 
submit to reddit
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Location of fuel filter on 2002 EX

The issue im having with my car at the moment is spuddering when i accelerate... It kinda feels like it wants to bog out. Im asking around what could be causing this and alot of people are saying it could be my fuel filter. I just dont know where its located cause various sites give me different answers.

If anyone has had the same issues please let me know what you did to correct this annoying issue
ADIZZLE08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Can you prove it?
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,805
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Location of fuel filter on 2002 EX

It's in the gas tank. Click Here - item B-4

You'll need to remove the lower-half of the rear seat to access it.



Have you checked your fuel pressure? No sense in going to all the trouble of changing the filter if that isn't the problem.


How many miles on the car?
Checked the plugs yet?
Valve clearances are normal?
It Wasn't Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member
 
igotthaspirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 726
iTrader Rating: (2)
Default Re: Location of fuel filter on 2002 EX

If people are telling you its the fuel filter, it's obvious they no nothing about Hondas. The fuel filter on your car is a lifetime filter and shouldnt be replaced unless someone was a dick and poured sand in your tank. How many miles are on your car? Is the CEL on?
igotthaspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default

My car has 192k on it and yeah i recently checked the plugs. they are fairly new but i did notice some of the plugs had some oil on them.. could both these issues be because of a head gasket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Wasn't Me View Post
It's in the gas tank. Click Here - item B-4

You'll need to remove the lower-half of the rear seat to access it.



Have you checked your fuel pressure? No sense in going to all the trouble of changing the filter if that isn't the problem.


How many miles on the car?
Checked the plugs yet?
Valve clearances are normal?
yeah see i already read that those rarely need to be replaced.. thats why i wanted to look more into it because i went and replaced it. The car has 192k miles on it. and yeah the CEL is on. but it depends on what day it is when it feels like it wants to be on. right now it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotthaspirit View Post
If people are telling you its the fuel filter, it's obvious they no nothing about Hondas. The fuel filter on your car is a lifetime filter and shouldnt be replaced unless someone was a dick and poured sand in your tank. How many miles are on your car? Is the CEL on?

Last edited by toyomatt84; 12-11-2011 at 10:56 AM.
ADIZZLE08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
Can you prove it?
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,805
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Location of fuel filter on 2002 EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADIZZLE08 View Post
the CEL is on. but it depends on what day it is when it feels like it wants to be on. right now it is.
Have it scanned and post the code(s) here. (even if the light is off when you take it in, have it scanned)
It Wasn't Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
 
GriFFIthS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mt. Pearl, NL, Canada
Posts: 329
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Location of fuel filter on 2002 EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotthaspirit View Post
If people are telling you its the fuel filter, it's obvious they no nothing about Hondas. The fuel filter on your car is a lifetime filter and shouldnt be replaced unless someone was a dick and poured sand in your tank. How many miles are on your car? Is the CEL on?
Why? I replaced mine at 150,000 km's (94,000 Miles)
Its really common to have sediments and smal particles of dirt in your gas, comes from the tanks, nossels and hoses of the pumps themselves, overtime it can plug your filter, thats why you have a filter to begin with so that dirt doesnt end up in your engine.
Different parts of the world has different qualities of gas, but all have sediments in it in some sort.

Mine wasnt to bad, but needed changing all the same, i did see a noticable difference after i changed mine.
__________________
2001 Honda Civic DX
GriFFIthS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #7
Honda-Tech Member
 
manuelv315's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: visalia, california, u.s.
Posts: 6
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Location of fuel filter on 2002 EX

Does ur problem come and go and some days it runs well and others hesitates and does not idle right?
manuelv315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
Honda-Tech Member
 
igotthaspirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 726
iTrader Rating: (2)
Default Re: Location of fuel filter on 2002 EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriFFIthS View Post
Why? I replaced mine at 150,000 km's (94,000 Miles)
Its really common to have sediments and smal particles of dirt in your gas, comes from the tanks, nossels and hoses of the pumps themselves, overtime it can plug your filter, thats why you have a filter to begin with so that dirt doesnt end up in your engine.
Different parts of the world has different qualities of gas, but all have sediments in it in some sort.

Mine wasnt to bad, but needed changing all the same, i did see a noticable difference after i changed mine.
Just because you replaced yours doesnt mean it was needed.
igotthaspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 18
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: Location of fuel filter on 2002 EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelv315 View Post
Does ur problem come and go and some days it runs well and others hesitates and does not idle right?
This issue is on going.. it doesnt seem to go away
ADIZZLE08 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
submit to reddit
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1992 honda accord casey42 Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) 3 03-21-2014 08:28 PM
High fuel pressure issue ( i searched) Element3488 Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 12 11-19-2012 09:53 AM
What is the black EVAP Canister for? turbotime Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 9 12-25-2005 01:30 AM
b18 idleing problems and running issues jeebers02 Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 0 03-19-2005 05:24 AM
Loud ticking, Plumes of white smoke... Any suggestions? Undrgrndhaqer Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 17 12-12-2003 09:18 PM


Tags
2001, 2002, accord, bad, change, civic, filter, fuel, gas, honda, located, location, on2002, pump, symptoms

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:52 AM.



2014 Copyright, InternetBrands Inc.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.
Emails & Contact Details