Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

Quaife ATB LSD Lifetime Warranty: What is the true meaning?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Quaife ATB LSD Lifetime Warranty: What is the true meaning?

Everyone knows that Quaife offers a limited lifetime warranty on their ATB differentials. I started this topic to determine the actual response for warranty claims with Quaife. Since their site contains a statement like this:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quaife's Website &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is the torque bias ratio of the Quaife differential?

QUAIFE does not specify bias ratio details and generally, does not use the term. The QUAIFE ATB differential is an all helical gear design. The angle and tooth form of the helix used, the number of pinions used, and many other factors (including the particular car fitted) all contribute to how the differential behaves and biases drive torque. Each QUAIFE differential application is designed to offer the best compromise between performance and durability. </TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.quaifeamerica.com/technical/faq.htm

there is no way to quantify negative performance of the differential besides catastrophic failure through locking or grenading (I have not heard of one of these grenading). The torque bias ratio is the key design parameter to quantify the performance of a helical LSD. The ITR LSD has a clear check procedure to examine the functionality of Hondas helical LSD in the Helm manual.

Quaife's website lists their warranty claim procedure as follows:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quaife's Website &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do I do if I think I have a problem with my Quaife differential?

The first thing to do would be to call or e-mail us before sending it back to us. One of our trained technicians will gladly help you assess what has happened. If at that point, if it is deemed necessary, just send us the differential, less interfacing parts and bearings. You will need an authorization before returning any items for inspection, service, or repair. We will evaluate your QUAIFE differential, and advise you of our findings.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please post your warranty experience with a Quaife ATB LSD whether it was good or bad.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Quaife ATB LSD Lifetime Warranty: What is the true meaning? (Dogginator)

If it break its covered. No matter what happen they'll fix it. You dont have the be the original owner or even need the reciept. If you break it send it in.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Quaife ATB LSD Lifetime Warranty: What is the true meaning? (SlowReaction)

I build a lot of trannies for people and have sent about four quaifes back for warranty issues. Everytime, I have had great customer support and they fixed it everytime with no issues or cost.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Quaife ATB LSD Lifetime Warranty: What is the true meaning? (Blown90hatcH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Blown90hatcH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I build a lot of trannies for people and have sent about four quaifes back for warranty issues. Everytime, I have had great customer support and they fixed it everytime with no issues or cost.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What is the typical failure mechanism?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Quaife ATB LSD Lifetime Warranty: What is the true meaning? (Dogginator)

i ripped the teeth from one of the gears and they fixed it no cost. it took 3 months, but it was at no cost.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Quaife ATB LSD Lifetime Warranty: What is the true meaning?

How does one tell if their diff has gone bad? I started hearing a strange, disturbing noise from the drivetrain, and I'm considering my diff to be the cause of it.