Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

CRV tech questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 37 Likes on 37 Posts
Default CRV tech questions

Just going to ask the questions straight up and not explain more than I need to.
This is for a CRV shell I bought recently.

In a B20/VTEC putting out 600 horsepower to the flywheel, how good would a CRV transmission hold up with the appropriate clutch and flywheel?

How is a CRV engine mounted, longitudinal or transversly?

How well do the CRV's transfer cases hold up? (please give your guesstimate of how much power they can hold).

Since they are both B-series, can you replace the CRV gears with ITR and GSR gears?

When performing a B20/VTEC conversion using a B16A head, what ECU do I need if I want to stay 4WD?

Where can I get a USDM CRV transmission and transfer case(s)? No luck from local yards.

Last question is....

What for AWD CRV's, and 4WD CRV's?

Thanks for the help, don't flame me for the car I'm fixing up.

Old 04-23-2003, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CRV tech questions (SuperStreetRX7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperStreetRX7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just going to ask the questions straight up and not explain more than I need to.

In a B20/VTEC putting out 600 horsepower to the flywheel, how good would a CRV transmission hold up with the appropriate clutch and flywheel?

--- not at all, LOL!

--- east west

How well do the CRV's transfer cases hold up? (please give your guesstimate of how much power they can hold).

--- not well i am guessing, 200hp max

Since they are both B-series, can you replace the CRV gears with ITR and GSR gears?

--- probably

When performing a B20/VTEC conversion using a B16A head, what ECU do I need if I want to stay 4WD?

--- the CRV TCM & ECM plus stand alone to manage the engine (maybe?)

Where can I get a USDM CRV transmission and transfer case(s)? No luck from local yards.

--- jap importers???

Last question is....

--- dunno, please rephrase question

--- why?
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 04-23-2003, 04:09 PM

i think you will be in for an expensive project! the rear differentials are a very weak! i couldnt imagine it holding up to much more than stock output.. but with some cash and a good fabricator anything can be done i guess
Old 04-23-2003, 04:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, I'm not tryin to be an *** but first off how are you gonna make 600bhp??? YES, it is possible even for a daily driver but I doubt you're going to be doing that... Boosting 25lbs+ and TUNING?? The B20 in a CRV is still tranverse mounted... Tho I've never done what you wanna do I can still tell you that there is NO way in hell that a stock tranny is going to hold back 600bhp... You aren't going to be able to swap gears... Is this an auto tranny??? Even if you did have 600hp at the crank you'd probably have 400 at the wheels... You'll want to run a VTEC ECU tho I've never worked with much auto **** cuz it's pointless I don't know what all affects your 4WD... I doubt it's built into the CRV ECU tho... Don't know where you can get a CRV transmission or "transfer case"... and last but not least I really don't understand your last question... Does that even make sense??? Latez
Old 04-23-2003, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRV tech questions (Kataku2K3)

Not at liberty to explain my setup.

Manual tranny.

Last question is: What years were the AWD models and 4WD models?
Old 04-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

/unsubscribes from thread now/
Old 04-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: CRV tech questions (tinkerbell)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tinkerbell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">unsubscribes from thread now/</TD></TR></TABLE>
hahaha, Tinkerbell

It's all good man, you don't have to tell us what it's gonna take to get 600hp in your CRV... You just don't sound too confident when it even comes to the mechanics and the electronics or your CRVTEC... So you're using the manual CRV tranny... My advice to you since you are already wasting a LOT of money is to call up ATS and have them make you some custom gears... Again I haven't worked with a CRV itself a lot but look at your rear axles... I'm thinking that they aren't gonna handle 600bhp... Oh well, have fun and let us know if you EVER get this setup finished along with some dyno plots... Peace
Old 04-23-2003, 05:19 PM
Lover

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SuperStreetRX7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just going to ask the questions straight up and not explain more than I need to.

Last question is....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO......................i want to see the dyno chart when complete.....
Old 04-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CRV tech questions (AK1200)

Mark Williams axles and driveshaft.

No, I'm not confident as I don't know about what i asked.

Already had Hondata in the plan.

A favor? Don't reply unless you can help me.