Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

help! clunking brake noise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! clunking brake noise?

hi, my driver side brakes appear to be making a clunking/snapping noise every single time I apply the brakes in the morning for the first time. It wont ever make the noise again throughout the day even if I stop and park some place. There is no noise whatsoever under normal driving and the braking feels the same. It is not a metal grinding noise that sounds when there is rusts or something on the rotors, its a single clunk shortly after braking. I checked the wheel by jacking the car up and the ball joints and cv joints and bushings all look good and feel good. there is no noise going over speed bumps or dips, but this noise wasnt there before. Any ideas on what it could be? It does not seem to be affected much by how the steering wheel is turned- as i originally thought it was a spring problem but it turned out not to be the case. I think I can hear it on the driver side faintly too. For what its worth this is an 01 civic with posi quiet pads with rebuilt calipers. Or could it be something completely different?
Old 07-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help! clunking brake noise?

oh yeah and the pads and slotted rotors are relatively new. Probably around 1000 miles and yes I did my best to bed them in... but i dont remember having this problem when they were put in.