Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

I WAS SCAMMED BY VSM EJ8!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I WAS SCAMMED BY VSM EJ8!!

Hey guys just want to let you know not to deal with this guy. Awhile ago I bought a 99 - 00 Si Climate control off of him. This is the link. As you can see, he has left a 99 - 00 Si dash without the climate control because I bought the climate control.

https://honda-tech.com/zero...age=1

I recently had a chance to test the climate control and guess what i found out. ITS NOT AN SI CLIMATE CONTROL!!!! ALL THE BULBS IN IT ARE BLUE!!

I have tried contacting him by pm with no reply. I tried to talk to him on AOL and he wont respond. He has not been active on here lately after he parted out a whole car. At first it was no big deal because I went to the dealer and figured i would just replace the bulbs but after i spent $30 on bulbs (8 total. Its not his fault i bought the bulbs) and began to tear the thing down i realized i was in over my head and its not as simple as just changing bulbs. During this i figured out all the differences and realized i was really screwed. There are many other differences besides the 4 blue bulbs, there are 3 other colored bulbs, and all the various blue transparencies placed on all the buttons and turn dials.

I have never been scammed before on all my dealings on forums. I have probably sold a total of $20,000+ worth of stuff in my whole life on various forums and ebay and bought even more all with good luck. I really am looking for a response from him but i feel like it will never happen and now i am out of money and have a useless climate control to me.

I need a replacement ASAP because i planned on selling it but now i have to tell the all people interested i am sorry its not an SI one and that makes me look stupid.

VSM EJ8 PLEASE RESPOND AND MAKE THIS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. IF ANYONE HAS A 99 - 00 Si CLIMATE CONTROL PLEASE PM ME I WILL BUY IT AND IF ANYONE NEEDS OEM HONDA 99 - 00 Si AMBER BULBS PM ME.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I WAS SCAMMED BY VSM EJ8!! (TurboEM1)

I have an EX climate control. 70shipped 2-3day priority.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

doesn't sound like a scam to me...you got the climate control...all there is to it ...is the guy did a blue out no big deal...just change everything to whatever, and peel off the transparent film.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (njandrewg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by njandrewg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">doesn't sound like a scam to me...you got the climate control...all there is to it ...is the guy did a blue out no big deal...just change everything to whatever, and peel off the transparent film. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It was a scam. I was supposed to get a Si climate control which lights up amber and got an ex which lights up blue. It would be no big deal if all i had to do was change bulbs but its not that easy. besides EX ones go for about 70 while si ones sell for about 120. If he were to tell me it was EX that would be no problem but he advertised it as an SI and thats not what i got.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:21 AM
jus f0 dekarayshunZ

Default Re: (TurboEM1)

same thing happened to me. i didnt trip, all i did was change the bulbs
Old 04-14-2005, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ciRcuitSi y0!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ciRcuitSi y0! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">same thing happened to me. i didnt trip, all i did was change the bulbs</TD></TR></TABLE>

OK. It will be no big deal if you can show me how to do this. On Si ***** (fan speed, temp, and location of fan) they light up amber. If i just change the bulbs your telling me thats the only difference? There isnt anything else?

Now heres where i know it will be difficult. On an si and EX there are push buttons for Recirculating the air, AC and rear defroster. On an Si the little pictures light up amber and EX they light up blue. YOU CANT JUST CHANGE THE BULBS because the Si one has amber transparancy on all the push buttons and the EX has all blue and you cant buy replacement film for that. Now when you hit the button and the light comes on in an EX it goes blue amber blue respectively. On an Si it goes amber green amber respectively. There is no way that i know of to change the bulbs ON THE INSIDE. Do u guys know how?

I am only making this post bc i was sold something I DID NOT WANT. I have an EX one that i maybe should just sell as an SI one bc to bad for that guy. hell still get the buttons and all who cares. Also this is a problem for mebecause when i tried to sell it as an Si one a guy asked me to check if it works and of course its an EX one so noone wants it. I now have a useless climate control that i paid top dollar for because i needed an si one.

Im not looking for anything crazy here guys. at this point i was screwed and lost money by buying this. Im still shocked some of you are saying its ok to advertise one thing and send another.