Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

How to wire up Denjis on EG..??

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How to wire up Denjis on EG..??

i understand... i just figured the brighter the light the more output as long as the beam was there ya kno... i see some PnP kits that look like ****, but it seemed almost logical to believe that my projectors cutoff would be decent enough for a PnP hid kit since i have the cutoff & the projectors... shows how much i kno bout lighting ect.... lol..
Old 02-28-2009, 04:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC
i understand... i just figured the brighter the light the more output as long as the beam was there ya kno... i see some PnP kits that look like ****, but it seemed almost logical to believe that my projectors cutoff would be decent enough for a PnP hid kit since i have the cutoff & the projectors... shows how much i kno bout lighting ect.... lol..
It's not just about the cutoff. The shape of the reflector bowl and the bulb placement also determine how far the light is projected out, how wide the beam pattern is, cutoff sharpness, etc.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, cutoff is ONLY a measure of how well the shield is placed in the optics. move/bend it forward and back to put it in focus. i haven't done that yet. it's been stupid cold lately.

i spaced them to get the light output proper, not for cutoff crispness.
so i have a janky foto from an alley i took of the "cutoff" but there is extra glare from ice on the drivers side lens i couldnt' get off as well as the stupid chrome surrounds i haven't gotten around to removing or blacking out..its cold and the racecar is in the garage. i never have my camera with me when there's a good wall around, but i had it this night:
25~35' with the bulb spaced ~0.05" out and 4-5000k h3 HID drop in bulbs.
startign to drive it more and more and it's great at night.

well, do your worst!
Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 PM

the problem is the pronounced ghost spot above the cutoff that reflectors have, HID's or Halogens, and the hot spots that will make the light shine upwards towards oncoming driver's eyes what bothers the heck out of people. That's why an even light distribution is better for yourself (wide vision) and less of a bother for oncoming driver's eyes.
With a halogen setup and a pnp kit, you won't have that. As a result, you will get HUGE hot spots which is what bothers you every single night from rice mobiles.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:22 AM

uh, these ARE projectors. lowend ones but i'm just trying to say they work well enough to not bother with a retrofit.

with a bulb spacer.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 AM

there's still light shining above the cutoff.
Yes, you have a cutoff, horrible to be honest. You won't be much of a bother as those pnp kits are, but your vision is narrowed. I could say that a pnp kit will give you a better light distribution and more intense light.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:42 AM

its a 90% solution against seriously declining returns. and stock headlights might as well not even be on. the light above the cutoff is from the ice on the drivers side headlight. did i mention it's been COLD? i'll post back here when it's warm enough to spend half an hour against a wall and get it all sorted out. i also have them aimed just a bit low, for courtesy, cause 80% of the time i'm driving this in the city. I parked this thing with the lights on and drove by/ around, near it in one of my other cars(the real DD) and it's nowhere near the glare i get from even the neighbors TL in particular and mostly any other car with projectors on the road. neighbors thought i was crazy.

Last edited by carbotron; 03-04-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by carbotron
its a 90% solution against seriously declining returns. and stock headlights might as well not even be on. the light above the cutoff is from the ice on the drivers side headlight. did i mention it's been COLD? i'll post back here when it's warm enough to spend half an hour against a wall and get it all sorted out. i also have them aimed just a bit low, for courtesy, cause 80% of the time i'm driving this in the city. I parked this thing with the lights on and drove by/ around, near it in one of my other cars(the real DD) and it's nowhere near the glare i get from even the neighbors TL in particular and mostly any other car with projectors on the road. neighbors thought i was crazy.
Do you know what an auto leveling feature is?
Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The Denji projectors suck, H3 was never meant for HID. Every Denji projector Ive owned has had bent sheilds right out of the box.
Here are stock Acura TL projectors, where is the glare?

Here are H7 valeo projectors, they are better than the Hid equipped Denji.

Im tired of being blinded by crappy HID kits in crappy headlights.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:56 PM

i'll bite, got it mostly sorted out. ~20', all the space i had.
had my camera and a minute and saw a dark lot under a bridge.

and with a side wall, but that corner goes uphill.

theres an oily coating on the lenses and soem lenses are coated yellow/blue you need to take off, and spend 5 minutes getting the pattern right with the lens off. the reflectors kinda suck. but hey, it works and is stupid cheap and little effort. and ~100x better than stock and only took ~30 minutes more than taking off the lenses and painting the shrounds black cause the chrome is making most all of the aberrations in output above the cutoff line. an old PCB makes spacer of the right thickness and temp durability.

oh and i have to have the drivers side adjusted down a little, cause the blue flaring takes up some of the safety space. ah, whatever. looks good, and not blinding ANYBODY!
besides, this is my beater/slightly fun/MPG car anyway.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anyone have a set of denjis headlight for sale? im looking for one
Old 03-26-2009, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn dude, thanks for all the pics.. do u have any install pics from when u did all the modifying to the lenses..?? DIY FTW...!!
Old 03-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To Carbotron, I would also like to know how you got apart your Denjis. Did you have to bake em or did you use a simpler process?
Old 03-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

X2
Old 03-29-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by striker_18
Do you know what an auto leveling feature is?
Originally Posted by Smash03
To Carbotron, I would also like to know how you got apart your Denjis. Did you have to bake em or did you use a simpler process?
Use a hairdryer and a flat-headed screw driver.
Put it on the highest settings and aim it towards the sealant. Hold it for about 30 seconds to one specific spot and pry it open. From then on, heat up the rest and pry it open. Should take you 3-5 mins.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i guess ill just look into retroing tsx projectors in.. my neighbors tsx has some sick *** deep blue hids but they are serioussslllyyy bright, unlike most of these 10k PnP kits that just r deeeeep blue an not so bright. If i spoke spanish id ask him what kinda bulbs they r but no bueno is my espanol lol... would tsx projectors with a PnP kit look good ya think..?? i cant find the DIY retro incase any1 else has the link handy...
Old 04-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM_SOHC
i guess ill just look into retroing tsx projectors in.. my neighbors tsx has some sick *** deep blue hids but they are serioussslllyyy bright, unlike most of these 10k PnP kits that just r deeeeep blue an not so bright. If i spoke spanish id ask him what kinda bulbs they r but no bueno is my espanol lol... would tsx projectors with a PnP kit look good ya think..?? i cant find the DIY retro incase any1 else has the link handy...

Hahahaha yeah man tsx are pretty awesome. If you want I'll write you a letter in Spanish soyou can go give it to him. I've looking for tsx projectors but can't find them. Let me know LOL
Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 AM

I am working on my project for my Denji projectors as we speak. I believe I have the 3rd Gen Denji's. It's becoming a real pain since I can't make a good bracket for it. I have TSX projectors with OEM D2S bulbs with a aftermarket PnP HID kit. The HID PnP kit worked "ok" with the Denji stock projectors but, had a "shark cutoff" that I didn't like but, compared to OEM housing with H4 bulbs, these are by far better than the OEM stock housing headlights. I'm all for JDM looks for the stock housing but, my safety comes first and seeing the road visually at night is really important. I'll give you guys the feedback once I get this wrapped up.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by gs_rbaby
I am working on my project for my Denji projectors as we speak. I believe I have the 3rd Gen Denji's. It's becoming a real pain since I can't make a good bracket for it. I have TSX projectors with OEM D2S bulbs with a aftermarket PnP HID kit. The HID PnP kit worked "ok" with the Denji stock projectors but, had a "shark cutoff" that I didn't like but, compared to OEM housing with H4 bulbs, these are by far better than the OEM stock housing headlights. I'm all for JDM looks for the stock housing but, my safety comes first and seeing the road visually at night is really important. I'll give you guys the feedback once I get this wrapped up.
make sure you post some pics once your done with them bro...
im selling mine now, i need money for swap
Old 04-18-2009, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by luispizarro25
make sure you post some pics once your done with them bro...
im selling mine now, i need money for swap
I will. I'll take pics of the cutoffs and post them on here. Will be doing the washer mod as well.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im waitin to see pics of that PM me if u dont post back in this thread...
Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 AM

^^Here are some teaser pics for you guys...and the finished product should be done in a few days or less:

Old 04-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks sweet bro.. where did you get these projectors from?
Old 04-22-2009, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by luispizarro25
looks sweet bro.. where did you get these projectors from?
Thanks. Lol, I actually got them from here on the forums! Got them for a great deal.