Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Weird humming noise coming from engine bay, !!!!!!LOUD!!!!!! Help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird humming noise coming from engine bay, !!!!!!LOUD!!!!!! Help please

Hey whats up, I got another question reguarding my 97 Accord Lx with a JDM H22 swap. Ever since I put in my Skank 2 Intake manifold on this weird *** humming noise has been intermeditingly happening just for the hell of it. It will come on and I will rev the gas to get rid of it and it goes away.
It has always made some kind of weird noise even with my old F22 motor. It would just be this little humming noise coming from the pass rear of the engine bay. But now since I installed the intake manifold this noise has gotten 4 times as loud, it's embarrasing as holy hell! Has anyone else had this kind of problem before. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:10 PM
eLUDEnu

Default Re: Weird humming noise coming from engine bay, !!!!!!LOUD!!!!!! Help please (EuRoBrO)

check the skunk 2 thread at the top of the page
Old 08-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird humming noise coming from engine bay, !!!!!!LOUD!!!!!! Help please (eLUDEnu)

I have been checking that all the time. This is not a Skunk manifold related topic. I just said it happened after the manifold was put in and now that I am using a chipped P28. The noise also makes the revs stay at about 2k RPMS's. It's the weirdest thing.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:07 PM
eLUDEnu

Default Re: Weird humming noise coming from engine bay, !!!!!!LOUD!!!!!! Help please (EuRoBrO)

sorry dude cant help. I tried and failed!! story of my life
Old 08-20-2004, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EuRoBrO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Hey whats up, I got another question reguarding my 97 Accord Lx with a JDM H22 swap. Ever since I put in my Skank 2 Intake manifold on this weird *** humming noise has been intermeditingly happening just for the hell of it. It will come on and I will rev the gas to get rid of it and it goes away.
It has always made some kind of weird noise even with my old F22 motor. It would just be this little humming noise coming from the pass rear of the engine bay. But now since I installed the intake manifold this noise has gotten 4 times as loud, it's embarrasing as holy hell! Has anyone else had this kind of problem before. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sometimes, if you have an aluminum intake pipe, it resonates at a certain frequency and causes humming. Usually comes and goes as the car idle changes.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Weird humming noise coming from engine bay, !!!!!!LOUD!!!!!! Help please (ScareyH22A)

No, this is def. not a simple little intake pipe thing. This noise is LOUD! It's like taking a tube of PVC pipe and putting your mouth on one end and just humming as loud as you can, thats the only way I can describe it. Also just to make sure that it wasn't something to do with the ECU I put my stock one back in and it did it the very 1st time I got on it.