For all of you that are new and dying to post your "build" thread progress ,Here it is, short and sweet.
I copied the bulk of this from another tutorial as it is essentially the same no matter what forum you are using. Over time this might not match how it's actually done on Photobucket as methods, formats and programming change.
If you'd like to add photos to your posts that display as full images (rather than attachments that need to be clicked on to view), the easiest/best way to do it is by using an image hosting account like Photobucket
Let's use Photobucket as an example because it's quick and easy.
1. Sign up for a free Photobucket account: http://register.photobucket.com/
2. Enter in a username, password, email, etc. You will be emailed confirmation.
3. Once in photobucket, you can create a new album if you wish (example: fishing).
4. Click upload photos or videos.
5. Optional step. Since most photos these days are large size,select 640x480 (Large) resolution under “customize your upload options” from the drop down menu on this page. If you don't want to get yelled at for pics that a ginormous, use this religiously.
6. Click Select photos and videos (green box). Browse to location. Hold down CTRL button while clicking to select multiple photos. Click open.
7. You can add a title and description if you wish, or just click Save and Continue.
8. When you move you mouse over the photo, a box like this pops up underneath.
9. You can use the direct link as illustrated but...see the IMG code ? That's what you really want. Move your mouse over either link and copy it. On my computer I just click the field and it copies automatically but you may need to highlight and copy manually (CTRL + C button on computer).
If you used the Direct link code then continue on to step 10.
If you chose the IMG code then jump and look at Step 12 and paste the code so it looks like that.
NOTE!! For all you wanna be web designers, HTML DOES NOT WORK in a BBCODE based forum that does not allow HTML!!!
It's set up in the backend so that malicious script kiddies cannot insert any foul scripts to hack or crash the forum.
10. Start a new thread or post. Move your mouse over insert image. Click it and paste the URL into the box that pops up. If you don't have access to the IMG button for some reason then get the IMG code from Photobucket instead and paste into the post so it looks like step 12.
11. Or simply type [img][/img] and put your link in between the commands.
12. Then it looks like this.
13. Repeat as necessary. This will work on any forum based on the same backend code (most forums out there).
For best results preview your post before submitting it.
To make sure you don't lose any info, keep a blank text document open and periodically paste your draft into it. Forums are known for crashing and taking your unsaved posts with it.
And for the people that refuse or are incapable of actually reading the post here's a Youtube video.