Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Hose from valve cover missing. What parts do I need to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hose from valve cover missing. What parts do I need to buy?

I have a 1998 Civic EX and when I bought my car it did not come with a hose that is connected to the top of the valve cover.I think I found what I was looking for on Majestic:

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...BER+%28VTEC%29

My question is, I'm not sure what parts I need to buy. I can't even tell what's going on in that picture, really.

All I have is the air cleaner hole on the intake tube and and hole on the valve cover and nothing else so I suppose I would need everything in between.

What all should I buy in that diagram? I can take a picture of the bay and show if you would like me to.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:51 AM
PHANTOM MENACE

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hose from valve cover missing. What parts do I need to buy?

All it is doing is connecting the valve cover opening to the intake arm. If you want to buy the correct parts order 5, 6, 8, and 10. You should already have 5, it's two hardlines. One of them is for the breather portion that connects that hose back into the intake arm and the other is a coolant line. If you don't have it already, you should see how they routed the coolant line for that section.

Realistically you just need to connect the arm to that valve cover. About a foot or so worth of fuel line from your local parts store will work but you'll need a way to connect it to the intake arm (I used a compressor male fitting on mine with the factory intake arm).

Also, you can put a breather right onto the valve cover. Some people prefer that because it doesn't regurgitate that tiny bit of oil that MAY leak into the intake manifold. The downside is that tiny bit of oil will just fall out the breather as necessary.