Notices

Filling the block questions..

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Filling the block questions..

Im running a B18B1 and just bought all forged internals and tons of other goodies. I've looked into filling the block also but wonder about the products i have found. Everyone uses Devcon, But i found and ordered moroso block filler off Jegs before i found out about Devcon. Will Moroso Block filler work just as well on aluminum blocks? Or should i order devcon like everyone else has on Honda-tech. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help. This is swap number 5 so i need it to last for once..
Old 02-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Filling the block questions..

The moroso stuff has concrete in it or something and is crappy. There's a thread on it over on d-series.org

Also from what I hear whoever started this trend with the devcon cracked all four cylinders wether it be from detonation or not I wouldn't do this especially if you're wanting it to last.

I would run stock sleeves with forged internals and get a GOOD tune
Old 02-05-2010, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the advice i was just gonna run open deck stock sleeves with my forged internals. i have blew up a cylinder wall once and really dont want it to happen agian..thats why im looking into this.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sleeve the block if you don't want it to happen again. That filler **** won't do anything.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hybrdthry911
Sleeve the block if you don't want it to happen again. That filler **** won't do anything.
Also make sure you get a good tune
Old 02-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

detonation may have caused his block to blow up but i dont think its from the devcon. I know how important tuning is for my car was tuned on open loop when it popped before. whats best route on tuning, Ecu chipping such as Crome pro, or hondata or FAST stand alones?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It doesn't matter what you use as long it is in good working order. It is more the tuner than the tuning ECU. Stock ECU route is much cheaper than stand alone and if you look up Drag Racing forums you'll see the 1000hp S300 Hondata ECU-equipt Civic. Chipping works too! You just need find a competent tuner and don't go half *** on important things even if it is very little like spark plugs.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get a real EMS like hondata, neptune or ectune I have heard all of these people saying crome this and crome that. Why the hell would you bother using something that is not supported? I know people have gotten it to work with great results, but half of the **** that you would like to work correctly will not work unless you jerry rig ****. For piece of mind and knowing the ems is working correctly please get something stand alone.

Also to answer your question sleeve your goddamn block this is not a ****ing dsm.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TehGhett0P1mp
Get a real EMS like hondata, neptune or ectune I have heard all of these people saying crome this and crome that. Why the hell would you bother using something that is not supported? I know people have gotten it to work with great results, but half of the **** that you would like to work correctly will not work unless you jerry rig ****. For piece of mind and knowing the ems is working correctly please get something stand alone.

Also to answer your question sleeve your goddamn block this is not a ****ing dsm.
Plenty of people have reliable piston/rod/stock sleeve setups that make power