Notices

Crower Storker Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crower Storker Kit

I was on the Crower web site and came across the stoker kits for B16 and B18C.

"Crower Stroker Kits
Crower is the world's largest manufacturer of high performance crankshafts. We are now offering a stroker kit for the Honda/Acura B16 and B18 blocks. Instantly turn your 1.6L into a 2.0L...or your 1.8L into a 2.1L+. Kits include a Crower 4340 steel billet (1000 hp+) or factory crankshaft (not recommended for 300+ HP applications), Crower 4340 steel billet rods, custom JE pistons, premium H-11 pins, rings, locks, buttons and Crower system balancing for easy, drop in installation. B18C applications require removing piston squirters. Due to inconsistencies in the factory blocks and cranks, some block clearancing may be required on all applications. Bigger is definitely faster! Allow 12 weeks delivery on factory crank option, 16-18 weeks on the Crower billet crank.

Crower billet stroker crank (any desired stroke) or reworked factory crank (95mm for B18 or 89mm for B16). You may be required to locate the crank.

Crower billet stroker rods. Custom length w/Maxi-Light stroker design.

JE custom pistons. Modified pin boss for longer rod, specify compression (9:1 - 14+:1) & bore size (81-84mm+).

Premium, H-11 tool steel pins, gapless rings, locks, spacers.

Works with factory rod and main bearings.

Crower internal balancing for drop in installation."

It says the removal of the piston oil squirters, isn't this a bad thing?? Other than that this looks like a awesome kit except for the price of course. Any1's thoughts about this? Looks like a good kit, adding 2.1liters to a B18C and with some boost, this looks really good!! Opinions??
Old 10-03-2001, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crower Storker Kit (Gmedalion)

i wouldnt get the kit. if u wanted more displacement bore it out. and think about it honda spent so much time to engineer those oil squirters in your car! so why get rid of them honda put them there for a reason!
Old 10-04-2001, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Crower Storker Kit (BoostinDC2)

i wouldnt get the kit. if u wanted more displacement bore it out. and think about it honda spent so much time to engineer those oil squirters in your car! so why get rid of them honda put them there for a reason!
Big deal. Most race engines remove the oil squirters anyway. The oil sprayed on the pistons is just extra mass to move.
Old 10-04-2001, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Crower Storker Kit (Inlinefour)

Big deal. Most race engines remove the oil squirters anyway. The oil sprayed on the pistons is just extra mass to move.
Hah, never thought about it that way. Now another reason why I think my LS nonvtec is better than its vtec brother.
Old 10-04-2001, 12:39 PM
New User

Default Re: Crower Storker Kit (93LSivic)

the squirters are there for a reason. most ls blocks can't sustain the high rpms like gsr's and type r's can. more mass who cares, i'll take the extra lubrication anyday.
Old 10-04-2001, 01:18 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Crower Storker Kit (FAST94GSR)

the squirters are there for a reason. most ls blocks can't sustain the high rpms like gsr's and type r's can. more mass who cares, i'll take the extra lubrication anyday.
the main reason for the oil squirters is to cool the piston, the lubrication is not the main reason they are there... just kinda happens.
Old 10-04-2001, 01:23 PM
Trial User

you do realize that most of the mods people perform are "undoing" alot thing honda spent so much time engineering.. everything from replacing to exhausts and intakes to pistons and rods... you'd be hard pressed to find very many unmodified components on pro level race car... they must be doing something wrong
Old 10-04-2001, 02:26 PM
Trial User

Default think for a minute...

...some drag engine builders remove squirters... bout every other type adds them if they are not already there...

ps... ask them how bad the rod to stroke ratio is on their stroker crank... and if you have to lower your safe operational rpm limit due to the new ratio...

[Modified by Zeus, 3:30 PM 10/4/2001]
Old 10-04-2001, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: think for a minute... (Zeus)

Any one try this kit from Crower B4??
Old 10-04-2001, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: think for a minute... (Gmedalion)

sometimes the squirters are removed to get more oil pressure...

oh... and the ls blocks are much differant in other ways to the gsr blocks other than the oil squirters... if u have a gsr block and an ls block side by side (i did this just out of curiousity one day) there is an obvious differance... the molding of the blocks is differant "reinforments" on the gsr block is much thicker... front and back... i frogto what else... but put the two together... ull see what i mean...
Old 10-04-2001, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Crower Storker Kit (Gmedalion)

Looks like a good kit, adding 2.1liters to a B18C and with some boost, this looks really good!!
Actually, stroker kits and boost don't mix good. Too much stress on the rods.
Old 10-04-2001, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Boring a motor, especially an I4...I think you're looking at an extra of two cubes or so LOL.
Old 10-05-2001, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Crower Storker Kit (AshlandSi)

I'm guessing that this is custom made so that you can state a certain length on the rods so that it would make a better R/S and you could state any kind of compression for the pistons.