Notices
Engine Management and Tuning Crome, NepTune, Hondata, AEM, MOTEC

constantly adjusting voltage offset

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default constantly adjusting voltage offset

I have an Innovate lc-2 and Hondata s300 ver 1. I have to constantly adjust the voltage offset in SManager to get the AFR to match. Could this be a problem with the ground on the LC-2? I've tried two different Hondata ecu's and the same thing keeps happening.

While on the subject. I cannot for the life of me to get the first column to be in range. It is always from 15 to 20% lean
Old 02-26-2017, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: constantly adjusting voltage offset

sounds like you have inconsistent grounding somewhere, possibly with the lc-2, possibly with the ecu. an easy fix would be to run the lc-2 grounds directly to the ecu ground wires at the ecu plugs. solder the wires in well. this will ensure both ecu and wideband have identical grounds and consistent readings to each other. DO NOT run the lc-2 power wire to the ecu power wire though! wideband power needs to be far away from ecu power to prevent several issues.

the first column is also the area you'll be in during fuel cut (0%-2% throttle), so readings in that column will almost always appear very lean. its not a concern, even if it is in fact running lean there because it's such incredibly low load and low mixture volume in that area. in fact, I usually tune mine to run lean there on purpose to help improve gas mileage a bit. the whole first column is often just a matter of trial and error according to sound and feel when transferring between zero throttle and very very low throttle and vice versa
Old 02-27-2017, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: constantly adjusting voltage offset

I did have the LC-2 grounded to the ECU ground on the harness. I moved it to the thermostat and that seems to work much better.

I also figured that was the case with the first column on the fuel map I just wanted to be sure.