Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

A good Electrical Fuel Pump Hanger Bulkhead Fitting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A good Electrical Fuel Pump Hanger Bulkhead Fitting?

Hello, I have done little bit of research... and trial and error... I did the stud quick fix with rubber grommets, wathers and nuts... didn't turn out best ground wire was still grounding to gas tank causing issues to the sending unit blk wire and causing it to fry. That took all of 2 days to figure out last year. I since have -6AN fittings feed from B&R. From AEM rail return -6AN to stock hardline in engine bay. As for what I did for the wiring. I simply broke the OEM plastic connector shell and simply and gently bent them in opposite directions in order to run the 10 gauge through the OEM hanger into the tank. OEM pump grounded to hanger and new pump Aero 340 is done same way with 10 gauge. It is working fine no issues. However the connection has me a little leary. (Worry Wart).

I also am looking to want to do the -6AN from the rail back to the tank... might as well fix two issues at once. Not really liking the screw clamp AN type fitting. Still retaining or modifiying the OEM pump hanger. I am aware of the $300 full blown hangers.

Anyone in here using this electrical bulkhead fitting ATL CFD 505 it comes only 12/14 gauge. Now I have my wires ran and are 10 gauge. Hate to redo them. I know 12 is probably sufficient for a 340 aero intank? Just hate to go to 10 gauge then spun down to 12 gauge from hanger to pump. Thoughts?

ATL CFD 505 CFD System 2 Wire Metallic Wire thru Bulkhead | eBay

ATL CFD 505.

On side note if anyone has advice on what to do for fittings for Return on OEM hanger -6AN please post. Don't mind caping off or cutting/welding/tap new fitting OEM inlet return.