Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Simple bypass needed for drivers window

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:31 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple bypass needed for drivers window

Guys im tearing hair.out over a stupid window switch.<br /><br />Drivers side up function no work. Down work so good. Window halfway and i dont want to remove door panel.<br /> <br />3 questions:<br />1) what is black feed into switch seperate from other harness (power? Ground?)<br />2) when switch is closed upwards, what lines power what in harness?<br />3) (i found test guide advising connecting g-j to go up and g-h down) jumpering any combination of green/white -red/blue and black - red/yellow doesnt produce any movement, so what am i missing in this test guide.
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Simple bypass needed for drivers window

Checked both of hese links, tried the jumper recomendation, with one result.
while jumped g/w to r/b and r/y to black i checked passenger window and it welded the passenger . but no combo produces any indication of power to the motor
How Can I "Jump" Power WIndow Connector To Test Window Motor? - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums
1992 Accord Master Window Switch Connector - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums
Old 12-02-2016, 12:00 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Simple bypass needed for drivers window

The power windows in our cars are ground at rest polarity reversing, meaning both wires going to the window motors are grounds when not running, the switch will "lift" the ground on one of the leads and supply power to it the motor runs, which wire determines direction,
Your problem is the switch, [not the motor] so the fix is to replace the switch, to just get the window up you will need to supply the power and ground to the two motor leads.

What is the MM&Y of your car, or if you have a wiring diagram tell me the color of the two leads going to the window motor, [there will be 3 leads, one is for the auto down function] I need the two going to the motor itself.

Assuming it is a 92 Accord and assuming what I found online is correct it looks like they are red/blue and red/yellow. unplug the switch and supply a ground to one of the leads and 12V+ to the other motor will run in one direction, if wrong direction reverse the power and ground. 94