Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Parking Brake Lead

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking Brake Lead

Hello, I am trying to hook up a Clarion VRX765VD head unit and I manage to have everything soldered and connected into the harness kit for my 00 Civic EX, except for the Amplifier Turn On Lead (blue/white wire), Phone mute (brown wire) and the Parking Brake Lead (grass green wire).

It says (in the manual) that I have to connect the "grass-green" wire to the parking brake lead to lamp ground in order to allow me to watch DVD video, etc... when the parking brake is engaged. Where and what color wire can it be found on my car?
Old 04-06-2006, 10:07 PM

take off the center console around the parking brake. There is a wire that runs to the handbrake. Connect the green wire to the parking brake wire. With the wire hooked up you can only watch tv/dvd's while the parking brake is pulled. That is a safety feature so you cant watch tv while driving.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboLaxx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboLaxx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take off the center console around the parking brake. There is a wire that runs to the handbrake. Connect the green wire to the parking brake wire. With the wire hooked up you can only watch tv/dvd's while the parking brake is pulled. That is a safety feature so you cant watch tv while driving. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what the heck? i want to be able to have video playback while driving. i think it's a good safety measure for those who want it on only when parked, but i certainly want to have the screen on at all times. i'm guessing i should be okay leaving that wire alone the way it is.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:59 PM
HT Order of Merit

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (sxng9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sxng9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what the heck? i want to be able to have video playback while driving. i think it's a good safety measure for those who want it on only when parked, but i certainly want to have the screen on at all times. i'm guessing i should be okay leaving that wire alone the way it is.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I wouldn't recommend this... I have seen more than a few people who have smashed their cars trying to watch a ******* dvd while driving.

If you really want that, simply ground the green wire.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what the heck? i want to be able to have video playback while driving. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Can someone please tell this guy how to do this so he can wreck his car or kill himself or someone else because he was watching 2F2F or Initial D while driving???
Old 04-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C_EJ8)

If all i need to do is just connect that "grass green" wire to a ground, then I could probably add a switch so that I can simply turn off the monitor whenever I want, but I'm not dumb enough to watch an entire movie while driving. I think it's important to be able to have something for my little kids to watch on long road trips and such.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think it's important to be able to have something for my little kids to watch on long road trips and such.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL... Even better! Have distracting video within your view when your kids are in the car! Darwin will be waiting to meet you and your family after the crash.

And I know that your "little kids" will love watching a 6.5" screen from the back seat.