Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Very weird noise coming from intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very weird noise coming from intake

So it's a b20b motor with a ls intake. The swap was just recently done but when the car starts or idles or even sometimes moving it sounds like a geese is stuck in the intake manifold I mean it's loud.
It's not the regular after market intake sound either. Not even a tuner shop heard of it before.
It sound like a starter is going off basically, but it's not the starter. And it gets even weirder I will pull the intake out and block the air flow to the engine with my hand and it doesn't shut off.
The noise sometimes gets to a point where it's louder than my car and I have a 3inch straight pipe.
Any solutions or suggestions would be great.
Old 02-09-2016, 07:15 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Very weird noise coming from intake

post a video...hard to diagnose a sound without really hearing it or seeing the car
Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

well if the sounds gone with a diffrent intake then ditch the intake, you say its a ls intake but is a after market intake? and i doubt a intake will cause a loud noise you describe, might be a drive belt to axles, try diognosing it a lil more than just saying its a loud noise, have you removed the power steasring belt and AC belt to rule out those belts? does the sound get louder as the engine revs higher? thats would point to something internal or trans related.
Old 03-14-2016, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
well if the sounds gone with a diffrent intake then ditch the intake, you say its a ls intake but is a after market intake? and i doubt a intake will cause a loud noise you describe, might be a drive belt to axles, try diognosing it a lil more than just saying its a loud noise, have you removed the power steasring belt and AC belt to rule out those belts? does the sound get louder as the engine revs higher? thats would point to something internal or trans related.
Found out it was the Iav sensor. I would post a video if I knew how to just to show it was pretty loud.