Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

NEED HELP FULL BUILT WORKS LIKE SH........

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP FULL BUILT WORKS LIKE SH........

Just got the car out of the shop today. Let me tell you the story need advice!!
Before I took the car to the shop I melted piston #3, car was smoking and will run up to 2nd gear if I step on the gas because of the turbo forcing the engine. But technically I was unable to drive the car so for me not to take any chances I towed the car to the shop.
Long story short, new sleeves, piston, cam shafts cam gears etc the car was fully built for turbo.
The builder told me to replace my ABS system for none ABS due to it will be easy for me to stop when running at the track so I replaced the ABS to none ABS system.
The car was given to me to break it in and throw 1000 miles on it before I can boost. Anyways I got the car today and it runs like **** worse than how it was. I jumped on the freeway to go home faster because it was late. My house is about 10 minutes from the shop, I was stepping on the Gas my car was really slow. I try to shift to 3rd gear it went in, but it felt like it didn't car did not go more than 40 miles. I pulled over turns out the breaks are stock. So I called the mechanic and he sent somebody right away and released the pressure for the breaks he said it builds really fast because he put 40/40 instead of 20/40 for the breaks. He said I should have maybe 20 at the front and 40 at rear for the breaks pressure whatever he was talking about. My turbo was leaking (was not leaking when I took it to the shop this is before I even drove the car) so should the car be running normal after the built? Would it run good after the breaks are fix? Right now I can't even drive it and it smokes everywhere maybe because it was not turn on for the last 4 months, oil spills, wd40 whatever it was sprayed on the car and I know there is build up on exhaust pipe and everything has to settle in the engine??? WTF I thought I was going to be able to drive the car normally after the built without boosting till I break it in. I
Have to wait until Monday to fix breaks and see what happens but I'm not feeling this **** car does not run right. What would you guys think the problem is and what should I do. There is no warranty on the built due to being a race built there is no warranty. It cost a lot of money between 5gs to 10gs parts and labor. I'm not happy and don't know what to think at this point should I wait and see what happens after Monday what would you guys do?? Is this **** normal after a built?

Modified by POWERINTEGRA at 7:40 AM 10/3/2004

Modified by POWERINTEGRA at 7:43 AM 10/3/2004
Old 10-02-2004, 10:37 PM

Default Re: NEED HELP FULL BUILT WORKS LIKE SH........ (POWERINTEGRA)

hmm.. whats the compression on the engine?

and the smoke, if its a new turbo, usually does smoke for a while after the "break in" period, it'll stop im sure.

my boy on here, has a blue turbo civic and his smoked when he would start up his car, but after the break in period, it was fine.

i cant think of anything else of what could be wrong at the moment.
bump for some more help for the profesional night crew
Old 10-02-2004, 10:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP FULL BUILT WORKS LIKE SH........ (..::91TEG-G2::..)

Thanks hommie comp is low 8:5.1 and turbo is not new but it was in really good condition before it was put in.
Anymore advise?
Old 10-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

where are all the technical guys and builders that know about this
anybody have this problem?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:07 AM

my best advice to you would be..

copy and paste what you wrote above and stick it in the forced induction section.. i bet they could help you out alot more bro, and again, sorry i couldnt be of more assistance..

bump for some more help
Old 10-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP FULL BUILT WORKS LIKE SH........ (..::91TEG-G2::..)

THANKS