Notices

NEED HELP TURBO BUILT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP TURBO BUILT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got the car out of the shop today. Let me tell you the story need advice!!
Before I took the car to the shop I melted piston #3, car was smoking and will run up to 2nd gear if I step on the gas because of the turbo forcing the engine. But technically I was unable to drive the car so for me not to take any chances I towed the car to the shop.
Long story short, new sleeves, piston, cam shafts cam gears etc the car was fully built for turbo.
The builder told me to replace my ABS system for none ABS due to it will be easy for me to stop when running at the track so I replaced the ABS to none ABS system.
The car was given to me to break it in and throw 1000 miles on it before I can boost. Anyways I got the car today and it runs like **** worse than how it was. I jumped on the freeway to go home faster because it was late. My house is about 10 minutes from the shop, I was stepping on the Gas my car was really slow. I try to shift to 3rd gear it went in, but it felt like it didn't car did not go more than 40 miles. I pulled over turns out the breaks are stock. So I called the mechanic and he sent somebody right away and released the pressure for the breaks he said it builds really fast because he put 40/40 instead of 20/40 for the breaks. He said I should have maybe 20 at the front and 40 at rear for the breaks pressure whatever he was talking about. My turbo was leaking (was not leaking when I took it to the shop this is before I even drove the car) so should the car be running normal after the built? Would it run good after the breaks are fix? Right now I can't even drive it and it smokes everywhere maybe because it was not turn on for the last 4 months, oil spills, wd40 whatever it was sprayed on the car and I know there is build up on exhaust pipe and everything has to settle in the engine??? WTF I thought I was going to be able to drive the car normally after the built without boosting till I break it in. I
Have to wait until Monday to fix breaks and see what happens but I'm not feeling this **** car does not run right. What would you guys think the problem is and what should I do. There is no warranty on the built due to being a race built there is no warranty. It cost a lot of money between 5gs to 10gs parts and labor. I'm not happy and don't know what to think at this point should I wait and see what happens after Monday what would you guys do?? Is this **** normal after a built?
Also car gets hot all the way up I can't drive it therefore I can't break it in. I checked fans they work everything seems to be connected Right. Sometimes black water comes out of exhaust too. When car is cold the breaks are ok but after 5 minutes they get stock. ANY IDEAS GUYS?? Comp is at 8:5.1 Gas press. is a 30 PSI. All normal OEM setting on car is a b18 a1 93 DA?? anybody know the break set up on the 92 tegs GS It was ABS now is none ABS!!!

Modified by POWERINTEGRA at 5:01 AM 10/4/2004
Old 10-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP TURBO BUILT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! (POWERINTEGRA)

any experts on the matter please???
Old 10-03-2004, 08:10 PM
Trial User

don't mind the black water, its normal, It is just condensation. a bunch of smoke could be the rings either seating (takes 300-500 miles to fully seat) then smoke should go away, or they are broken or breaking. These things happen man, better times will come.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NEED HELP TURBO BUILT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Benjithx)

help this guy out- bump
Old 10-03-2004, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP TURBO BUILT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Benjithx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Benjithx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't mind the black water, its normal, It is just condensation. a bunch of smoke could be the rings either seating (takes 300-500 miles to fully seat) then smoke should go away, or they are broken or breaking. These things happen man, better times will come.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks bro makes me feel better I still don't understand why the car is getting hot tho but hopefully I can check it tomorrow when all the shops are open and the mechanic can look at it. I might have to tow it but any more advice or answers to my problem are really apreciate it and helpfull.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP TURBO BUILT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! (tegsallgood)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegsallgood &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">help this guy out- bump</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thanks for the support. I might also not be the only one having this problem after a built I hope this thread helps other guys as well.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:47 PM

what shop built ur motor
Old 10-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP TURBO BUILT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Quad-Damge)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damge &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what shop built ur motor</TD></TR></TABLE>
Sorry don't wanna trow the shop name in yet due to that I want to see how the guy will react and see if they will help me. So far he's been good but I don't know if he will still be good after bills are paid and he gets rid of my car. But I want to see what happens. Shop is good around the area these guys work with Rev Hard, Jerry built, Lisa kubo just to name a few they currently have a car runing 9's and is been strong no breaks for last 2 years but you never know when they might forget a bolt or something. Just wonder why you want to know?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any help nobody knows this stuff?
Old 10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TECHS OUT THERE HELP?
Old 10-03-2004, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump to help this bro out... this sucks. good luck with this fiasco man.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP TURBO BUILT NOT WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!! (CRX_1.8T)

thanks hommie
Old 10-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well as for running shitty, keep in mind that your running on a completely untuned motor, it has a 8.5:1 compression, and im assuming you have some huge *** injectors to support your turbo needs, so its probably dumping fuel into your motor. You might be running extremely rich. Do you have a wideband o2? that might help. So less compression = less power, running rich = less power. I mean im just throwing this out, so dont go by me, but it could be a possibility.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CivicGSR225)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CivicGSR225 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well as for running shitty, keep in mind that your running on a completely untuned motor, it has a 8.5:1 compression, and im assuming you have some huge *** injectors to support your turbo needs, so its probably dumping fuel into your motor. You might be running extremely rich. Do you have a wideband o2? that might help. So less compression = less power, running rich = less power. I mean im just throwing this out, so dont go by me, but it could be a possibility.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You are right, but I still have the stock injectors for the same reason car is untuned. No wideband and yes 02. Thanks
Will have hondata when the motor is broken in. today I took it back to the shop but I won't get the car back for the next 3 days the guy is working on other cars and leaving mine at the end. sucks but I have to deal with it for now.
Today he said he has to replace the proportioning valve as far as the breaks go.