Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

CARS OVERHEATING!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:34 AM

T

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CARS OVERHEATING!! HELP!!

Okay I have a JDM DA8. Yesterday I figured it was time to add coolant since it had been awhile since I added. I fill up the radiator and then fill up the coolant reservoir on the side. But I filled up past the recommended line so I was steaming due to excessive coolant. So I used a turkey baster to remove the excessive coolant. I removed the lower radiator hose to drain the whole system and to do a radiator flush. I once again top off the radiator with coolant. The car was fine until I got home and the temperature gauge started to rise and then when i would drive the gauge would lower. So I went home parked and opened the hood. The reservoir wasn't steaming or boiling so it seemed alright. I noticed though that the fan wasn't on and if the temperature was that hot the fan should be on. So to cut this short do i need to switch out my thermostat and fan switch? Where can I find the fan switch at? Please help asap.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CARS OVERHEATING!! HELP!! (DA8JDMstreetsleeper)

have far is the temp gauge rising too? If its b/w 1/3 and 1/2 you are fine. If its past that, I would replace the thermostat, sounds like you should anyways since the temp drops when you drive and raises again when at idle. As for the fan not turning on, check the fuse for it.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same thing happen and i also have a thread on it too. when i flushed my coolant like you, my fans also did not turn on after the car got hot to normal running temp. the gauge never passes the middle marker either. what i had to do was jump the switch plug with a paperclip. here's how to do until you find a better way to fix the problem

follow the lower radiator hose to the engine, where it connects...on the side there is the fan switch. (under the intake manifold). pull the plug. bend a paperclip small enough to fit into the plug sockets i guess. put the key in and turn it to "on" not ignition. and the fans should come on. if they do not come on then check the fan relay.