Notices
Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Wheel, Tire, Brake and Suspension Parts (Wheels, Tires, Coilovers, Lug Nuts, Camber Kits, Rim/Tire Tools)

Kbee Coilovers aka Killer Bee Made in JAPAN! For GD1 (Fit) AP1/2 (S2000)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kbee aka Killer Bee Made in JAPAN!

1) What are the specs of these coilovers?

- 7kg front springs / 6kg rear springs (AP1 12kg/12kg)
- Springs are cold wound
- <U>Inverted monotube</U> front shocks / Twin tube rear shocks (AP1 does not have Inverted monotube)
- 15 way adjustability
- Ride height and preload adjustability
- Rear lower urethane bushings
- Spring thrush sheets (to prevent spring binding)

<FONT COLOR="Red">PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE SECTION. I WILL ADDRESS MOST IF NOT ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU WILL HAVE CONCERNING KBEES. </FONT>

2) KBee? Never heard of them?

Most of you have probably never heard of KBee prior to this ad. Kbee, based in Tokyo, Japan, is a company we originally met around 2 years ago. Their background is based in engineering suspension for a major automotive companies, and from this knowledge they began to create aftermarket suspension components.

3) Who uses their stuff?

I have no fancy driver names to woo you with, or trophies to razzle you into believing in this suspension. Due to the obvious skepticism for something new, I chose to purchase these and put them on my OWN CAR. I had no reason to change out my $1800 Tein HE (S14) off my car, but as with many other things, I had to do it myself in order to believe in the product.

4) Why should I buy this?

As most of you are aware, I sell a lot of high end coilover companies, such as, Tein, Zeal, JIC Magic, RS-R, and Tanabe. Most of these coilovers are at least $1500+ street price, and with the high price tag, I can't really cater to those who are trying to do it right on a budget.

For this reason, we wanted to provide a good value coilover to those on a budget, and this definitely fills that need.

5) Are these rebuildable or serviceable?

I see this question a lot when it comes to coilovers. If properly used and maintained (within coilover limits), the overwhelming majority of owners never have issues with their coilovers, i.e most likely you will never need to do anything to them for the lifetime you own your car.

But for those who are worried, you can purchase new drop in shock inserts from KBee. This requires no downtime, but as I stated earlier, this is very unlikely if you use them properly.

And since I use these on my own personal car, if anything ever went wrong, I'd be in the same boat with you. So if I can rest assured, then you should too.

6) Do you have any pictures / reviews on cars? How do these ride?

Yes, I have some picture of them on a Fit already.

7) Do they offer these with any higher / lower spring rates?

These all come with 7/6kg (AP1 12kg/12kg) spring rates. If you want different spring rates, you can go in 2kg increments (either +2kg or -2kg) safely with the current valving. I can sell you Swift Springs if you want different free lengths and spring rates. Contact me for more info. Swift replacement springs are $99 per spring. Most of you (if not all) will be fine with 7/6kg (AP1 12kg/12kg).

8) Are these meant for drifting/grip/roadrace? Is 7/6kg spring rate too harsh for daily driving?

There is no such thing as a motorsport specific coilover. From my experience, as well as demonstrated by the majority of other coilover brands, the 7/6 spring combination is most popular and effective on a Fit chassis. As far as daily driving, some people have varying levels of comfort (I personally am comfortable with 8/6 on street driving in my S14, again I might have different taste then others). For this reason, read my buyers' reviews and then make a judgement from their opinions. I will also comment on this in my personal review.

9) Does KBee make any other models?

No, this model features pretty much everything that a Honda Fit or S2000 owner could ask for in a coilover (especially within this price range). I'm betting no one will read through the entire post I just wrote, lol.

10) How do these ride / perform in comparison to ______ (insert other brand here)?

Coilover performance is very objective, and for that reason it's hard to say how it stacks up in comparison to another brand. Read through the reviews, see if it fits your criteria, and make a judgement. As far as value is concerned, in relation to price/features in comparison to its counterparts, I'd say KBee is excellent.

11) Do you have shock dyno charts for these?

No, there are no shock dyno charts for these coilovers. Even if there was one, the majority of people on here wouldn't be able to effectively understand it (not hating just keeping it real) and for the most part I'd say this coilover is more than enough for the most experienced to just someone looking for a daily driver setup for their car. Don't buy a coilover based on a dyno chart, buy it because it fits your criteria (budget / specs / preference).

12) What is the name KBee?

Their company name + logo of KBEE comes from the Killer Bee with the mentality of "stronger, faster, and aggressive."

13) What is the weight of the coilovers?

Front GD1/3 coilover weighs ~14.05 lbs.
Rear GD1/3 coilover weighs ~18.2 lbs (including springs)

Front AP1/2 coilover weights ~ 12.8 lbs
Rear AP1/2 coilover weights ~ 11.3lbs

14) HOW MUCH ARE THESE?

I got in the following amounts of these coilovers:

(5) sets GD1/3 (06+)
(5) sets AP1/2 (00+)

As an introductory special for those who take advantage and jump on these early, I am offering these up at:

$899 shipped in US
$899 shipped in California
$850 local pickup in Socal

Prices good only on the sets in stock!

Get at me to order!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: Kbee aka Killer Bee Made in JAPAN! (ASpecProducts)

bumppy
Old 10-29-2007, 12:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any actual pictures of the s2000 coilovers? highest and lowest setting on them?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Kbee aka Killer Bee Made in JAPAN! (iHATEspeedbumps.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iHATEspeedbumps. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">any actual pictures of the s2000 coilovers? highest and lowest setting on them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Picture of the Coilovers themselfs.

Sorry I dont have any pictures of it (on the car) Only the Fit.

Modified by ASpecProducts at 11:21 AM 11/8/2007
Old 10-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wait, you sell these and you can get a picture of them, so is this some like front company, stuff drop shipping... were are these manufactured, and who's the manufacture?

do you have a shock dyno, what kind of r&d was put it these. Can you take pics of the shipping box.. and do you own a business liceans ?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Kbee aka Killer Bee Made in JAPAN! (LumpyTheGrumpyCamshaft)

lol.. yea this company will go far with the rest of the them..

Old 11-08-2007, 10:11 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LumpyTheGrumpyCamshaft &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wait, you sell these and you can get a picture of them, so is this some like front company, stuff drop shipping... were are these manufactured, and who's the manufacture?

do you have a shock dyno, what kind of r&d was put it these. Can you take pics of the shipping box.. and do you own a business liceans ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No I dont have pictures of them ON a car. I have picture of the coilover yes!

I have the item here at my wearhouse. Im not drop shipping any of my products.

Kbee is there own Manufacture. Small company's just like company's you see like Backyard Special. I dont provide much information still a small company trying to bring up. And yes I do own a Business License, what does that have anything to do with me not having pictures?!?

Yo really man whats sup? You having a bad day?

If you got some negative things to say about this coilovers, just like your mother would tell you (if you have nothing good to say, you shouldn’t say it at all.) These are for consumer that can’t afford expensive coilovers, more for budget race cars that’s looking for good coilovers to run on his/her car.

Modified by ASpecProducts at 11:25 AM 11/8/2007
Old 11-09-2007, 04:56 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

man a-spec is legit dont know what u been smoking but hes been selling online for years just check out nissan forums and other forums and probably here as well

lumpy gets a
Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Kbee aka Killer Bee Made in JAPAN! (BBBJTCWSAAS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BBBJTCWSAAS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">man a-spec is legit dont know what u been smoking but hes been selling online for years just check out nissan forums and other forums and probably here as well

lumpy gets a </TD></TR></TABLE> Thanks bro. Bump!
Internet bully's
Old 11-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm sure aspec is legit, but some remade tai built coilover from toser, or some importer... i still see no info on these what so ever... did any r&d go into these..
Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 AM

Best suspension thread ever. actual OEM vs Product pics instead of teh same pics of the same bullshit. Very proffesional.. Any 97 accord applications?!?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (palayah8ta)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by palayah8ta &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Best suspension thread ever. actual OEM vs Product pics instead of teh same pics of the same bullshit. Very proffesional.. Any 97 accord applications?!? </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-28-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: (LumpyTheGrumpyCamshaft)

We have provided as much data, pictures, and information as we are capable of at this time. As some of your other forum members agree, this information we have provided is above and beyond what other vendors (or manufacturers) will provide.

Our goal was to provide a high functionality coilover for our Fit customers but with an affordable price tag. Obviously in order to achieve this lower price, certain factors are excluded, such as shock dyno charts, but if you would like, we could sell you a $2000 version and have the money to do the tests that you are asking for.

Even companies with $2000+ coilovers do not provide as much information as we have provided, but yet people still buy them with no qualms or questions. In addition, our goal is to have forum members TRY THEM and provide REAL personal hands-on feedback, rather than showing a graph that is supposed to convince you how good they are.

It seems as though maybe these are not for you, so I would ask that if you have nothing positive to add (that helps your fellow forum members), you refrain from posting.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

For the S2000 application, is it monotube dampers on all 4 corners or are the rears twintube?
What is the diameter of the piston F & R?
What is diameter of body?

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ASpecProducts)

first off, a shock dyno isn't something you can include or exclude, its a must.. its how the frigging shock is designed. if they didn't dyno then it would be a ******* guessing game, throwing parts in.. i think thats the point. half assed ****.

if you wanna send me a set for 200$ thow, i'll pay that and actualy test them. Hell i'll ******* blow them in under 6 months time.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LumpyTheGrumpyCamshaft &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
if you wanna send me a set for 200$ thow, i'll pay that and actualy test them. Hell i'll ******* blow them in under 6 months time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

you know...you can blow any shock within 6 months man. your just speaking a whole bunch of nonsense. if i really wanted to i could blow ksports/tein/d2 within 6 months....if i was riding slammed and going over a bunch of bumpy/curvy roads.

obviously hes already got a guy who has them on their car. if you would like to check how he liked them...go to fitfreak.net. Since you know what a search button looks like, you can figure out the rest.

besides that note, im thinking about picking up a set of kbee ...just to see how they run, i like these because i want to be able to be slammed, and still be able to stiffen up the shocks since you can adjust the settings.

ill pm you soon on fitfreak.net.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: (bhcvc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bhcvc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For the S2000 application, is it monotube dampers on all 4 corners or are the rears twintube?
What is the diameter of the piston F & R?
What is diameter of body?

Thanks.</TD></TR></TABLE>

There all Twin Tube front and rear.
Diameter Piston is 45mm F & R
Diameter body is 55mm F & R
Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Re: (SD_mr_FIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SD_mr_FIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you know...you can blow any shock within 6 months man. your just speaking a whole bunch of nonsense. if i really wanted to i could blow ksports/tein/d2 within 6 months....if i was riding slammed and going over a bunch of bumpy/curvy roads.

obviously hes already got a guy who has them on their car. if you would like to check how he liked them...go to fitfreak.net. Since you know what a search button looks like, you can figure out the rest.

besides that note, im thinking about picking up a set of kbee ...just to see how they run, i like these because i want to be able to be slammed, and still be able to stiffen up the shocks since you can adjust the settings.

ill pm you soon on fitfreak.net.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please let me know,
I have 1 set left.

Thanks,
Tuan @ A Spec.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LumpyTheGrumpyCamshaft &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off, a shock dyno isn't something you can include or exclude, its a must.. its how the frigging shock is designed. if they didn't dyno then it would be a ******* guessing game, throwing parts in.. i think thats the point. half assed ****.

if you wanna send me a set for 200$ thow, i'll pay that and actualy test them. Hell i'll ******* blow them in under 6 months time.</TD></TR></TABLE> I understand to you that it is a "must," but I'm trying to explain to you that with this coilovers there is no shock dyno.

Many other well known suspension manufacturers such as Zeal, Tanabe, JIC, Tein, Apexi do not provide shock dynos with their coilovers, but yet people buy them with no qualms.

While I'm not saying its an accepted practice, I'm just telling you that these do not come with shock dynos.

Our goal was to provide a high function coilover at an affordable price, since we understand that typically most Honda customers are budget oriented.

It seems that many customers like yourself are insatiable, in the sense that if we sold a coilover with shock dynos and tons of R&D but sold it for $2000, you would be upset that it was so expensive. Yet when we sell a coilover for under half the price with the same amount of functions, you are upset with the lack of shock dynos.

It's obvious that you require a much higher coilover setup to match your driving skills, so perhaps you should take your interest elsewhere.