Wheel and Tire

Opinions about Bridgestone Turanza EL41

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions about Bridgestone Turanza EL41

So Tire rack user reviews give the Bridgestone Turanza EL41 a pretty poor review. I searched for more user opinions on this forum but found none. Does anyone have them on their car and what do they think about it? Honda has it OEM for 07 Accord 5spds in the northwest and I'm wondering if I should keep it till they're worn and change them or if they're so bad that I should change them now? I am not an agreesive driver in anyway and need tires that do well in the wet. The car will probably not see much snow and it doesn't get below freezing much around here so I figured dedicated winters are not needed.

Opinions?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Opinions about Bridgestone Turanza EL41 (danz75)

They are absolute junk in snow and only marginal in water but if you don't drive like a maniac you should be fine for awhile. Rotate them frequently and get rid of them after about 25,000 miles.

Jon
Old 12-08-2006, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Opinions about Bridgestone Turanza EL41 (HondaF1Fanatic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaF1Fanatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They are absolute junk in snow and only marginal in water but if you don't drive like a maniac you should be fine for awhile. Rotate them frequently and get rid of them after about 25,000 miles.

Jon</TD></TR></TABLE>
I've heard that they do develop flat spots very easily. did you find this to be true? I'm trying to figure out if I should just get new ones now and try to sell them cheap to someone who just wants tires or wait till 25k like you suggested.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by danz75 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I've heard that they do develop flat spots very easily. did you find this to be true? I'm trying to figure out if I should just get new ones now and try to sell them cheap to someone who just wants tires or wait till 25k like you suggested.</TD></TR></TABLE>

They don't flat spot horribly, but then again I didn't really keep them long enough (~3000 miles) to drive them in cold a lot where they might flat spot more noticeably. I would just save your money for now unless you are dead set on getting something different. It wasn't really worth it for me to sell mine, I only got like $100 for all 4 and I ended up choosing another crap tire (Bridgestone Potenza G009) to replace them so I am back to searching, from what is available in stock size it looks like I might be looking for awhile or just giving up and going to snows on the stock rims and summer tires on different rims.

Jon
Old 12-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've found tire rack review to be fairly spot on since they are polling TONS of people. you're not gonna get much better info here unless it's a performance tire.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:02 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You already have these tires, so you know how they perform. You shouldn't need to look at the reviews on the Tire Rack website. If you're happy with the tires, keep using them, since they're not costing you anything. If and when you're not happy with them, replace them.

The Turanza EL41 is an all-season tire. And a really crappy one, too.

Since you don't have to worry about snow or frigid cold, you can get summer tires instead of all-seasons or winter tires. In your climate, summer tires will give you MUCH better performance than all-seasons or winter tires. Good summer tires are also awesome in rain. The Kumho Ecsta SPT is an excellent choice if you're looking for performance as well as value (purchase price and treadlife), and the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 is an excellent choice if you want the absolute best performance and you don't care much about the fact that they cost more (treadlife is still very good). Both are outstanding in rain.