Wheel and Tire

alignment without camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default alignment without camber kit

ok, everyone is telling me to get a camber kit to save my tires (i'm at probably a 2.5"-3" drop, and my tires are gone) but from what i've heard a lot of people online are saying it's the toe that's killing my tires. and that a alignment will do the job. so my question is just getting my alignment done, to fix the toe, is that enough to save my tires? or would it be best to just get a camber kit.

oh yeah this is for a daily driven da integra.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: alignment without camber kit (trkd_out)

Toe will shred tires more than camber will. The best solution would be to go ahead and buy the kit, but an alignment (to fix the toe) will help curb some of the wear on the inside of your tires.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: alignment without camber kit (umop-apisdn)

I TOO have a problem similar to trkd_out's:
I recently I was rotating my tires and I noticed the tread on the inside of my front passenger side tire was gone. So I took it in for an alignment. The ppl at the alignment shop told me that one of my control arms (I think it was the rear driver side) was bent. So they "Re-bent" it to fix it (Sketchy?). I was cool with that for about 3 weeks (BTW I got new tires after the alignment) until my Integ started to pull right on the freeway.

SORRY if this is off topic, but does anyone know if this could be a camber problem (I don't have a camber kit and I do have a complete coilover setup), or is it still an alignment (toe in-out) issue?
Old 09-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alignment without camber kit (CLMTAutoXR888)

so now that i should go out and buy a camber kit. i've read that some people were fine with ebay archor ones. would it be worht it to get those or get something like spc?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a good camberkit that will last and not brake
Old 09-06-2006, 09:29 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trkd_out &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok, everyone is telling me to get a camber kit to save my tires (i'm at probably a 2.5"-3" drop, and my tires are gone) but from what i've heard a lot of people online are saying it's the toe that's killing my tires. and that a alignment will do the job. so my question is just getting my alignment done, to fix the toe, is that enough to save my tires? or would it be best to just get a camber kit.

oh yeah this is for a daily driven da integra.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i would get a camber kit asap. I put one on my eclipse and had it aligned. they said the tires shouldn't wear any faster than if i was at stock ride height. it will be worth it to go ahead and set the car up right. tires can get very expensive.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alignment without camber kit (jdmeghatch3)

Just tell them to get honda spec alignment and set the toe to 0. Then just rotate the tires every oil change and you should be fine.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:32 PM
Trial User

Default Re: alignment without camber kit (itslogics)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itslogics &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just tell them to get honda spec alignment and set the toe to 0. Then just rotate the tires every oil change and you should be fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i heard a guy say he had the alignment and the toe set to 0 and he still had tire wear but it wasn't terrible. he said he could live with it. you will still have tire wear even with the alignment and toe set to 0 if your tires are leaning in from camber, it just won't be as severe. if you don't want ANY abnormal tire wear, i say get the camber kit.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:41 PM

you can tell what is wrong by the type of wear exhibited by your tires. wear along the inside edge is caused by negative camber and you will need a camber kit of the appropriate degree to correct it. toe problems produce a jagged pattern (viewed from the side) where the front edge of the tread block is lower than the rear. i believe most cars have this adjustment built into the suspension.