Wheel and Tire

225/45-16 fit on crx?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 225/45-16 fit on crx?

I'am going to have 300+whp soon, I was wondering is I roll/cut the fenders I could get 225/45-16s to work. I want the tallest/widest street tire I can fit on a 16" rim. I don't like running slicks and drag radials and just want a street tire that can possibly hook somewhat.
wheel is 16x7 enkei rs6 w/40mm offset.

if not will a 205/50-16 have a chance?

Old 04-02-2007, 08:50 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 225/45-16 fit on crx? (wfocrx)

No and no.

For street tires, stick with 205/40-16. You can get the Falken Azenis RT-615 in that size and they will stick better than any other street tire you can get for your car.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have 205/40-16s and they suck.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:49 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (wfocrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wfocrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have 205/40-16s and they suck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If they suck, it's because of the make/model of tire you have, not because of the size.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Will this be a street car you might possibly sell later? I say this because running tires that much larger will give you a false odometer reading (6.7% too low) which would constitute odometer fraud unless you report it to the DMV. If you are not willing to run slicks, or even DOT legal slicks, you are best advised to stick with stock sized tires for the street and just swapping to slicks when you go to the track. Don't tell me you are a window licking street racer either, Darwin frowns on that.

Jon
Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If they suck, it's because of the make/model of tire you have, not because of the size.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

or the fact that I have 250hp and more comming. 40 series profile sucks anyways.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaF1Fanatic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Will this be a street car you might possibly sell later? I say this because running tires that much larger will give you a false odometer reading (6.7% too low) which would constitute odometer fraud unless you report it to the DMV. If you are not willing to run slicks, or even DOT legal slicks, you are best advised to stick with stock sized tires for the street and just swapping to slicks when you go to the track. Don't tell me you are a window licking street racer either, Darwin frowns on that.

Jon</TD></TR></TABLE>

It is a streetcar. One with 175000miles on the chassis. After a car has 100000 miles it is excempt anyways. I guess you didn't know that. Also, I don't streetrace but would like some kind of street tires that I can actually accelerate somewhat with and not blow off the tires.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:20 AM
H-T Order of Merit

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wfocrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">or the fact that I have 250hp and more comming. 40 series profile sucks anyways.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Apparently you don't know much about tires. What REALLY matters in tires is the performance of the make/model, which depends on design features like the compound and the tread pattern. A stickier tire in a slightly narrower width will ALWAYS grip better than a less-sticky tire in a slightly wider width. That's why the Azenis in 205/40-16 will give you more grip than any other street tire, even in wider sizes. So if you're looking for more grip, concentrate on getting better, stickier tires, rather than wider tires.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wfocrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is a streetcar. One with 175000miles on the chassis. After a car has 100000 miles it is excempt anyways. I guess you didn't know that. Also, I don't streetrace but would like some kind of street tires that I can actually accelerate somewhat with and not blow off the tires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

First of all, I'm trying to give you good advice, so don't post wise-*** remarks. For a street car, you need street tires if you want them to last a reasonably long time. In general, there's a trade-off between treadlife and grip (not always, but usually). If you want better acceleration for your car, you can get even grippier tires than street tires, such as drag radials (BFG, Nitto), which are designed specifically for straight-line acceleration. However, if you're using them on the street, drag radials won't last very long - maybe 5K miles. If you want more straight-line grip and you don't mind replacing your tires that often, go for the drag radials. If you need something that lasts longer, the Azenis is the stickiest street tire you can get and might last you 10-12K miles. And there are lots of other street tires that will last you longer than that, but again, you will be trading off grip for the longer treadlife.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wfocrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It is a streetcar. One with 175000miles on the chassis. After a car has 100000 miles it is excempt anyways. I guess you didn't know that. Also, I don't streetrace but would like some kind of street tires that I can actually accelerate somewhat with and not blow off the tires.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not true at all, you are exempt based on age alone not mileage. Here is the exact document from your state's website:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Sta...9.225

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FloridaStateLegislature &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Upon transfer or reassignment of a certificate of title to a used motor vehicle, the transferor shall complete the odometer disclosure statement provided for by this section and the transferee shall acknowledge the disclosure by signing and printing his or her name in the spaces provided. This subsection does not apply to a vehicle that has a gross vehicle rating of more than 16,000 pounds, a vehicle that is not self-propelled, or a vehicle that is 10 years old or older. A lessor who transfers title to his or her vehicle without obtaining possession of the vehicle shall make odometer disclosure as provided by 49 C.F.R. s. 580.7. Any person who fails to complete or acknowledge a disclosure statement as required by this subsection is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083. The department may not issue a certificate of title unless this subsection has been complied with.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As for acceleration on the street, if you need more acceleration on the street than a 205/40R16 set of Azenis' will provide, get some drag radials, if you don't want drag radials then you are screwed. Also, you shouldn't need to accelerate hard enough to break traction on sticky tires like the Azenis unless you are racing, no normal street acceleration will come close to breaking them lose.