what floor jack do you guys use/recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (rota92)

Great, I just got one of the red Craftsman aluminum jacks last month and now I see this thread. So far, it's been working great, but now I'm worried. How hard is it to return these things before the 1-year warranty is up? Is it possible to rebuild them?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (dwolsten)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwolsten &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great, I just got one of the red Craftsman aluminum jacks last month and now I see this thread. So far, it's been working great, but now I'm worried. How hard is it to return these things before the 1-year warranty is up? Is it possible to rebuild them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think they have a 30 satisfaction guarantee because i returned my compressor after a month cuz it was too small

my torin jack is the ****.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (eg crunkmonster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eg crunkmonster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

my torin jack is the sh*t. </TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.torinjacks.com/Prod...ID=49

i think im going for this one 22 lift

Modified by HT Chaplain at 12:42 PM 7/13/2007
Old 07-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ChainbreakR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ChainbreakR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was even ready to pay for a rebuild on my Craftsman jack and their "service center" said they don't touch them... </TD></TR></TABLE>
they told me it would be more to fix than buy a new one.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: (mustafa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mustafa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
they told me it would be more to fix than buy a new one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sad but true. I see the same thing with electronics... it costs more to fix than to just buy a new one. I've had my alum Craftsman one for almost a year now, works fine so far but I barely use it. Anyone have any experience with these Nevada Blackjack ones seen all over eBay?

Based on the poor spelling/huge font of their ads and the line in their ad that reads "a) All new DESIGN ... Aluminum OPEN CENTER...same design as $ 800 USA jacks"... I am more than a little skeptical.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Axle)

Was looking though my recent topic list, thought I'd add more info.

My jack is an Allied jack, dunno where you get one (was x-mas present). Has jacked more cars than the mob in the last 10+ years, no issues besides the handle spring breaking. A cheap lawnmower spring fixed it though.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (dwolsten)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dwolsten &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great, I just got one of the red Craftsman aluminum jacks last month and now I see this thread. So far, it's been working great, but now I'm worried. How hard is it to return these things before the 1-year warranty is up? Is it possible to rebuild them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know a guy that works at Sear's so he always replaces mine. Funny thing is I've had my 4th one take a **** on me a few days ago. On the box it says 'Year Warranty' so from what I was told when you replace your original one you should have another year from when you get the replacement. Some people that work at Sear's are real pain in the asses though when it comes to returns.

Hopefully I can fanagle my way into getting mine replaced tomorrow. If not, I'll just buy a new one and go back in a week and say the new one broke. Then I'll just run over to another Sear's the next week and return the replacement one. Then save the original receipt and I'll have another year warranty for free

This is the one I have by the way:

Old 07-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (PrecisionH23a)

smart thinking
Old 07-24-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (Ti3d in)

Thats the one Ive got too, and have had it for 5 years and no problems what so ever.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have one of those, it sucks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Word. I have to pump mine like 234244 times to lift something that is already more than 6 inches off the ground. Then it will start working. I've had mine about 3 or 4 years now.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just got a new craftsman jack out of the members catalog. its the new professional series 4ton low profile. i really like it and its low enough to fit under my car and it lifts to 22 inches. also it can go out and lift my sisters xterra when i need to. the only thing i dont like is it weighs over 100 pounds.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (turtleman321)

I normally wouldn't suggest the cheap, short jacks...more gimmick than anything. Real stunnas have a 'rack' welded on their jack for the 2x4's you use to drive up on to get under it...
Old 07-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (HiProfile)

I know i'm a lil late to this thread, but I recently picked up a Mac Tools lowered car jack. 2 ton capacity and goes as low as 2.5" all the way up to 20"

Old 08-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDM_DC4_Fanatic)

im about to buy this jack for home. we use these jacks at work (discount tire) by far the best jack i have ever used. they get the car up quick. they are very well built. very low profile. they are ******* heavy tho. which wouldnt bother me. i dont need to move my jack around a lot. they weight in at just over 100 lbs

http://www.tooldiscounter.com/...F200T
http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/AFF200T_Jack

Old 08-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A while back I needed to replace my Crapsman jack and came across this review:

http://www.vorshlag.com/tech_jacks1.asp

As others have mentioned, AC makes the best jacks. Unfortunately, prices have gone up dramatically. So, based on the review, I decided to get a Sunex, which is identical to the Matco "Beast" for quite a bit less. It's Chinese, but almost everything is these days. I'm really happy with it.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Sprockets)

Any of you guys use the jegs aluminum low-profile jack? It's on sale and Im thinking about getting it cause taking my heavy *** jack to the track is getting annoying.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (MLRtime)

get a good snap-on low pro jack, im using some OLD pro-lift jack from 1992, my dad used it, now i use it and it still holds %100 fine.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (riceburner700)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by riceburner700 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">get a good snap-on low pro jack, im using some OLD pro-lift jack from 1992, my dad used it, now i use it and it still holds %100 fine.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah and theyre like 300 bucks where the jegs is on sale for 120. Any input on this jack guys??
Old 12-06-2007, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (blueshark123)

the jegs is ok but if its gonna be used more then once a month go look for something else
Old 12-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (seek167)

i have had this jack for 5+ years now, still going strong, its actually currently holding up the rear end of my car for 3+ months now

http://www.harborfreight.com/c...47246
Old 12-07-2007, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (wHOAlly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wHOAlly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have had this jack for 5+ years now, still going strong, its actually currently holding up the rear end of my car for 3+ months now

http://www.harborfreight.com/c...47246</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the suggestion. I didnt even think about checking HF for jacks. I might pick this up instead
Old 12-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (blueshark123)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blueshark123 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks for the suggestion. I didnt even think about checking HF for jacks. I might pick this up instead </TD></TR></TABLE>

i LOVE my jack, i take it to all the races, so easy to bring it with you.

the alu jackstands are badass too, the aluminum lightweight stuff makes taking stuff to the track so much nicer
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (wHOAlly)

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but I want to see since it has been 9 months to a year since this was started, how has everyones floor jacks that everyone has bought been holding up.

This is the only real way someone could get a real understanding on how long a floor jack holds up during normal use.

I apologize if this is a bother to anyone..
Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (Dang EG)

Bought my AC jack last year may, still going strong
Not a single problem..heavy duty and heavy as hell to lol.
One thing that I like the most is it makes almost no noise when rolling it.
Mine came with O-ringed wheels so it rides on a rubber O-ring.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 PM

Default Re: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend? (PrecisionH23a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PrecisionH23a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the same jack. I had it for 1 year of abuse & it finally failed. I replaced it because I liked it so much.

I had one friend buy the same jack & have 3 units leak within a week of purchase

When it fails again I am going to look into a blue point/snap on/matco unit as I have a friend with a blue point unit that has had good luck.

Quick Reply: what floor jack do you guys use/recommend?