Notices

4" aluminum exhaust and aluminum catch can

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4" aluminum exhaust and aluminum catch can

4" vibrant race muffler at the end.

what do you guys think...more pics in my sig.

here is its new location in place of the battery.

Modified by GFurm at 7:22 PM 2/12/2007

Modified by GFurm at 8:01 PM 2/12/2007
Old 02-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 4" aluminum exhaust and aluminum catch can (GFurm)

Very creative catch can
Old 02-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4" aluminum exhaust and aluminum catch can (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Very creative catch can </TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha!

If you're going to copy, copy the best right?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Very creative catch can </TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao, look what you started tony dosent it make you feel good
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 4" aluminum exhaust and aluminum catch can (dr.NAPIER)

Love the catch can
Old 02-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4" aluminum exhaust and aluminum catch can (Benjithx)

haha
Old 02-12-2007, 08:50 PM

lookin nice bro
Old 02-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They're not called catch cans, there T1's cans, you heard
Old 02-13-2007, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

noobie q.....but whats those cylinders ontop of the catch can? breathers?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HBP.EH2)

thats sucks everyone keeps copying ur **** tony
Old 02-13-2007, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (all_motor_mike)

Why re-invent the wheel? The purpose of the catch can is function over form. There is a reason Tony built his the way he did, based on the space it was located, it allowed for the hose to route nicely. Did you expect him to make it heart shaped or in the shape of a 'H' for honda and have it custom air brushed?
Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (all_motor_mike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by all_motor_mike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats sucks everyone keeps copying ur **** tony </TD></TR></TABLE>
i suppose? But if it works, it works. If the wheel was a great idea, which it was... everyone one else used it too... you gonna bitch that too? People that first developed the windshield wiper... then everyother company adopted the same way to expel water from the windshield. What difference does it make? As long as they dont produce them and say they are T1 or someone else that they are not.

end morning rant.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Andy R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andy R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why re-invent the wheel? The purpose of the catch can is function over form. There is a reason Tony built his the way he did, based on the space it was located, it allowed for the hose to route nicely. Did you expect him to make it heart shaped or in the shape of a 'H' for honda and have it custom air brushed?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i stand behind this also.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wade)

this has finally convinced me to go aluminum exhaust from the downpipe back
Old 02-13-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: (SequenceGarage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SequenceGarage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this has finally convinced me to go aluminum exhaust from the downpipe back</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto. Nice work.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the exhaust 6061 or 6063?
Old 02-13-2007, 09:17 AM

i really appreciate the support from everyone and the great comments. the aluminum used for this system was 6063.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wade)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wade &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i suppose? But if it works, it works. If the wheel was a great idea, which it was... everyone one else used it too... you gonna bitch that too? People that first developed the windshield wiper... then everyother company adopted the same way to expel water from the windshield. What difference does it make? As long as they dont produce them and say they are T1 or someone else that they are not.

end morning rant.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont fully agree with that way of thinking. If peoples designs were different then tonys but the function of it was the same-hey im all for it. But when something is directly copied from another it makes me

and the windsheild wiper is patented and people pay to use that design. So there is a difference.If people want a T1 catch can, call Tony and order one.I know thats what ill do .

To clarify a little, im not saying its uncool to make something for YOURSELF based on a proven design. but if your plan is to market them,mass produce them, not give credit where its due then i think thats a real shame.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I_HATE_JDM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I_HATE_JDM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and the windsheild wiper is patented and people pay to use that design. So there is a difference.If people want a T1 catch can, call Tony and order one.I know thats what ill do .

To clarify a little, im not saying its uncool to make something for YOURSELF based on a proven design. but if your plan is to market them,mass produce them, not give credit where its due then i think thats a real shame.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its a fricken box! how many different ways can you make a box fit in the same space? Its got 6 sides and its going to look just the same as any other 6 sided box. How do you know he is using the same internal baffling? The fact that he has a BOX, 2 filters, and some welded on bungs doesn't make this a travesty. So would it be ok, if you spaced out the bungs some more, maybe put them at an angle and put 4 filters on top...would this be different enough?

No disrespect to Tony, cause he does some amazing work but its not like he sat up for countless sleepless nights coming up with that design. He took the most simple geometric shape to build/weld ( a box), drilled some holes, put in a baffle, slapped it together.

Since there isn't a good off the shelf product for the FI community you have 2 choices:

Build your own
Pay someone to build one for you

If you don't have the tools necessary to do it, your going to have to pay, which is fine and feel free to buy one from Tony. But don't look down on someone who took the initiative to build his own. The DIY community thrives off of people who willingly help others for the sake of building something fun and save a few bucks here in there. With this comes people taking others peoples designs and utilizing things that work.

Modified by Andy R at 11:32 AM 2/13/2007
Old 02-13-2007, 11:07 AM

alright guys this is a little ridiculus...i made this box..i didnt think it was gonna be such a big deal..next time ill make it in the shape of an octagon...but as stated it is just a box and never once did i try taking away the fact that tony doesnt do amazing work...and last i checked this "box" is pattened or anything and im pretty sure tony wasnt the first to make this ad DEFF wont be the last...****, i would be excited if people were using my ideas.

-pete
Old 02-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 4" aluminum exhaust and aluminum catch can (GFurm)

where is your shop located?
I need an o2bung welded.
Thanks
Old 02-13-2007, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Andy R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Its a fricken box! how many different ways can you make a box fit in the same space? Its got 6 sides and its going to look just the same as any other 6 sided box. How do you know he is using the same internal baffling? The fact that he has a BOX, 2 filters, and some welded on bungs doesn't make this a travesty. So would it be ok, if you spaced out the bungs some more, maybe put them at an angle and put 4 filters on top...would this be different enough?

No disrespect to Tony, cause he does some amazing work but its not like he sat up for countless sleepless nights coming up with that design. He took the most simple geometric shape to build/weld ( a box), drilled some holes, put in a baffle, slapped it together.

Since there isn't a good off the shelf product for the FI community you have 2 choices:

Build your own
Pay someone to build one for you

If you don't have the tools necessary to do it, your going to have to pay, which is fine and feel free to buy one from Tony. But don't look down on someone who took the initiative to build his own. The DIY community thrives off of people who willingly help others for the sake of building something fun and save a few bucks here in there. With this comes people taking others peoples designs and utilizing things that work.

Modified by Andy R at 11:32 AM 2/13/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>I think you read WAY WAY WAY too much into what i said and you are at the same time assuming things about me.
1) i have been machining for over 14 years- I do have the tools but as i said I like giving credit where its due. Which means, ill pay Tony for his idea and work
2)Read what I said. I said its cool if you do something for you. Its uncool if you "copy"or "borrow" only to turn around and mass produce **** to make a profit.

I like orginal ideas or atleast ones that are improvements over the orginals. Dont get all pissy because I had an opinion. Geeez not once did i say the work that was done wasnt good.hell it looks great. I just simply said that it was uncool to "copy" something to make a buck- but i guess thats why rota is so rich lol.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its a box

theres nothing novel about that idea...if the fitting and breather placements are what makes it special, then woo hoo

give an eskimo some aluminum and a welder, tell him to make a catch can, and chances are he'd make something similar

i dont see what the big deal is
Old 02-13-2007, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (I_HATE_JDM)

sorry I_HATE_JDM, the responce wasn't entirely meant for you. I totally agree, turning someone's hobby into a knock'd off mass production is not the way to go. I was just a little upset that this guy was taking flack for merely making a box. I know Tony didn't mean anything by his 'creative' comment, but when his web-posse stepped in, i didn't see any reason for it.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously guys, it's not that big a deal. I think it is kinda shitty if you're going to make them and sell them, but making one for your own car isn't the end of the world.

Quick Reply: 4" aluminum exhaust and aluminum catch can