Notices
Vehicles for sale Post vehicles for sale only

repost=FS: 1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac. Own a piece of rally history. (16 pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default repost=FS: 1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac. Own a piece of rally history. (16 pics)

This is being reposted due to the amount of bullshit on the orignal thread.

PLEASE! if you are not interested in purchasing the car keep your disparaging comments to yourself.
thank you

originally posted by loco honkey, the owner of the vehicle:

The chassis has 209,000 miles. The engine has 53K miles on it, and is a JDM engine. No codes, good compression and leakdown all the way across. Because the stock turbo dies after 5800 RPM, and makes about 80% of the power below 4000 RPM, the engine, at least in my car, truthfully hasn't been revved over 4500 that often. If you drove the car, you'd see- driving fast in traffic doesn't need more than 3000 RPM.

Some basic stuff about the car for those that don't know what it is...
AWD
3S-GTE turbocharged engine (same thing as the MR2 turbo)
200 HP/ TQ stock. Current HP output unknown.
3350 lbs (this is within 200 lbs. of a Subee or Mitsubishi, and can be brought down to 2700-ish with gutting)
50/50 power split all the time
50/50 weight bias

Mod list...
Exedy clutch with 40K miles on it and still grabs hard.
3" exhaust without any mufflers, dumping in front of the right rear tire.
Solid rear diff mounts (this makes the car more tail happy and saves you from ever having to buy a $230 OEM rubber mount again).
Tein SS coilovers (with camber plates in the front).
RC front end (can't get these any more in the states; I bought one of the last two set ups in N.America).
30X10X3 Spearco FMIC.
2.5" charge piping.
H&R 5mm spacers in the front and my own brand of 25mm bolt on spacers in the rear.
17X7.5 Sub Zeros with 235/40 Yoko ES100s.
Brembo blanks and Porterfield R4S pads up front on the car right now with OEM stuff out back.
SAFC-II.
Autometer gauges (boost, oil pressure, AFG).
Reese Class I trailer hitch with ball and reciever.
Hella H4 conversion.
Full Whiteline bushings and an adjustable Whiteline rear sway bar.
It has a stereo- seven speaker and three amp JCV/ Eclipse/ Rockford setup with a custom built 1/2" MDF speaker box in the trunk that still allows for a spare tire and full use of the trunk, but it has no head unit. 4" 2 way JVCs in the dash, 6.5" two way Eclipses in the rear, 6X9 3 way Eclipses in the doors, a 12" Rockford Punch sub, stock tweets at four corners, two Rockford 2.6X amps (for the ten speakers), and a Rockford 300S (or maybe it was an M; I forget) amp for the sub.

Uninstalled:
Wilwood SL-6 six piston red calipers loaded with Porterfield R4S pads, 13.1X1.25" two piece Wilwood rotors, and SS brake lines for the front brakes. Ingals camber kits front and rear.

I have about $8000 into the parts on the car, and they've all been on there for a little under a year and less than 15K miles.

It has EVERYTHING- power mirrors, ABS, cruise control, power sunroof, power locks, seven way adjustable power drivers seat, memory tilt wheel, full leather, The car doesn't have any rust, the glass doesn't have any chips or cracks in it. No frame damage at all; all the doors and body panels line up. I'm also including the stock 15" wheels with 195/60 studded snows that go with the car. The car is VERY fun in the snow. The only thing between you and 400 HP is engine management and a bigger turbo.

Now for the bad...
The AC needs to be charged. The car does need a paint job, even if it's just a rattle can job. That is, unless you like 13 year old faded red paint and flat black hoods... The drivers seat leather came unstiched at the seam. The car has a very minor dent in the left front fender at the bottom. Other than the drivers seat, the interior is perfect.

Why I'm selling...
To put it simply, the car just doesn't interest me. I'm posting this on a Friday evening, and after this coming Monday (June 27th), I'll be traveling until August 14th. I love the car, and it's a ton of fun to drive, but I have more pressing priorities to deal with than playing with a car. The car is located in Middlebury VT, and my parents are managing the sale. I've taken the time to type this all up and post all the pictures so the only question you should have is, "when can I come pick up the car?"

What I'm asking...
The car books for $4950 per http://www.nada.com I don't go by KBB because NADA is the industry standard- all the dealerships, auctioneers and DMVs use NADA. Considering the book value, the enthusiast value, and the parts in the car, I'm asking $9500. Similarly modded AllTracs with good paint go for $13,500. These are extremely rare cars (2500 sold in North America between '90 and '93), and in being such, actually appreciate with modifications. I'm not willing to trade for anything except a red '96+ Lexus SC400.

How to buy the car...
Email my parents at alltracforsale@yahoo.com. They're in charge of the car.

Old 08-18-2005, 04:07 PM
dotmichael to you

Default Re: repost=FS: 1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac. Own a piece of rally history. (elmalouno)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elmalouno &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i don't think anyone who has posted here needs to post on the new thread </TD></TR></TABLE>

bump
Old 08-18-2005, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: repost=FS: 1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac. Own a piece of rally history. (Senses Fail y0!)

email all offers or questions to : alltracforsale@yahoo.com

Old 08-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: repost=FS: 1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac. Own a piece of rally history. (elmalouno)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elmalouno &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">email all offers or questions to : alltracforsale@yahoo.com

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-25-2005, 02:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elmalouno &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">email all offers or questions to : alltracforsale@yahoo.com

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-28-2005, 07:50 PM

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-08-2005, 05:11 PM
dotmichael to you

Old 09-10-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: repost=FS: 1992 Toyota Celica AllTrac. Own a piece of rally history. (. M i c h a e l)

bump for a fellow alltrac owner. BUY THIS CAR!!!!1!!!11!!!! you will not be dissapointed!!!!by far the funnest car i have ever riden in or owned